Agnostic.com

17 1

What was the first job you ever held?

JMFT9517 4 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Working the cafeteria line in the 5th grade, cleaning trays and loading dishwashers at 10 - 11y.o.

A housekeeper at a retirement home for independent living. I still do that. I’ve been doing that for 7 years now. I’ve been working at the same job since I was 18. This was my first job that I’ve ever had.

Library assistant at a suburban branch.

Mucking stalls at my Aunt's dressage barn when I was 16yo.
First paid job was working in the Breeds Barn at the KY Horse Park.

Hmm. When I was a kid I had a paper route and I also did gardening for some of the neighbors.

When I turned 16, I got a job as a fast food worker at Carl's Jr. and did my best to earn enough to travel to Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand and The Philippines.

McDonald’s for three months after high school

Baby sitter.

Trimming trees from power lines in Okiedokie Oklahoma.

My first job was at 15 and it was a "stock clerk" for House of Fabric. I stocked nothing. I was their maid. I was not allowed to speak with customers. I was not allowed to help customers. I could sew and do needlework and knew more than the manager, but I was a stock clerk and knew nothing. I lasted 2 months and quit with no notice.

Venka Level 2 Oct 22, 2017

My first income producing job was as a self employed gold and tin prospector at the age of 14. I did this for the last 3 years of high school. When I finished high school, I took a serious pay cut and started my first "real" job as a cadet or trainee production engineer with one of Australia's then biggest manufacturing companies.

First actual job, was working at my aunt and uncles hardware store. Before that, I had 10+ years of hands on training with working the gardens, mowing the lawn, driving tractors, operating heavy construction equipment... along with a bunch of other stuff. There are some good things about growing up a "country boy". Hard work doesn't scare me, and I'm almost a literal jack of all trades. I've never had to pay anyone to do any work for me, ever. If I don't already know how to do it, I teach myself.

Barista.

My first job was a long time ago. It was at a drug store ice cream counter - I was employed as a "soda jerk". Also met my first husband there.

Babysitting.

Zster Level 8 Oct 21, 2017

I have worked in pet stores since the age of 13. I became a dog groomer. Later in life, I went back to school, earned a dual masters in education and special ed.

Not counting babysitting, which I did starting at age 12, my first "real job" was as an American Greetings "card girl". I had two stores - both of them the now defunct "Hook's Drugs" in Indiana. This will definitely age me...

I worked at a restaurant in high school flipping burgers for $4.75hr.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1943
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.