Agnostic.com

19 3

Has the Earth ever been visited by extraterrestrials?

I am sure that most people have seen "Ancient Aliens" and avrious other TV show featuring the guys with the wacky hair. These are filled with a lot of imagine pasts and the fitting of archeological evidence into these histories. I think that these are little more than laugheble entertainment. I am waiting someone to find that titainium alloy screw buried deep in the ground or that food wrapper from a sealed tomb. We as human leave a lot of evidenc of our existance therefore is it not quite probable that extraterrestrials would not do the same? Where is that fastener, snap, nut, rivet or piece of metal cermamic? What do you think?

HeathenFarmer 8 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No. Distances too great. Time to travel to even nearest stars far too many years, energy needed far too great.

Is God just an Alien!?!
A Lot of imagination and no proof.

mzee Level 7 Nov 6, 2017

Yes! I loved it here so much, I decided to stay.

13bn - 4.5bn = 8.5bn years of possibilities.

Apparently you have not asked to be taken to our leader, I fear you will be sadly disappointed.

ya we are here lol it is totality possible if not by them then there probes they would study us like we study other lesser animals i have seen ufos so yes

bill Level 3 Oct 28, 2017

Maybe ....

About god, I am an atheist, but on this I am a little agnostic.

99.99% sure no aliens. There are some amazing things built by our ancestors but absolutely no real evidence of aliens.

Who knows. I havbe better things to do than wonder about things that are impossible to know.

Yeah, I'm up for that. Weather it's the stories of massive structures that can only be seen distinctly by air from ancient times hundreds of years before flight, sudden splits/divergency in our DNA that might suggest outside manipulation, or even the idea that the Ronald Regan' era 'star wars' program had 80% of the missiles pointing outward, lol.

Those people with the NOTW decals.
Seriously? Never been visited. But high chance that there is extraterrestrial life. High chance we'll never meet each other.

When you consider the currently understood laws of physics, there is little likelyhood of interstellar tourists, and noah's ark type expeditions are also unlikely since the time frame between launch and arrival at chosen destination would be so great that survival and colonisation would be quite chancy. So the odds of earth having been visited by intelegent life is extremely remote.

What about robot explores or genetically designed organic explorers made to survive in space for long periods, they could easily last centuries necessary to traverse this distances. Not saying they did just that there remain numerous possibilities.

They have found a modern watch in a sealed tomb. That being said, I personally believe that aliens have visited us, however the majority of the "proof" is pretty shaky. What I resent is all these alien theorist seem to believe that our ancestors are dumber than dirt.

Hoax, it was a joke.
[doubtfulnews.com]

Every single time one of these claims is made, it turns out to be a hoax. EVERY single time. Think about it!

Thank you; I have not seen that.

I've never seen any good evidence for it having happened in the past, but it seems perfectly reasonable that the earth has been visited before, maybe at some time in our distant history. But seeing the distances between stars, let alone stars with planets capable of holding intelligent life... I don't mark the chance as being very high.

I find the artifacts that have been found really interesting.
London hammer
Groves Spheres
Stone doll
Brass bell

London hammer is a hammer embedded in calcite no rock as claim and is no more than 180 years old, it was found in an area rich in springs seeping through limestone. I have seen simalarly coated objects in the limestone caves here in Alberta and in British Columbia, Some are more coated in calcite than it in less than 75 years.
Grooved spheres are natural concretions of mineral such as hematite most of them are not even spheres.

Nampa, Idoho stine doll bad archeology: [badarchaeology.com]

You are referring to the brass bell supposibily found in the coal deposit in west Virginia verified as real by The Institute for Creation Research. I may yet piss myself.

No. Physics kind of rules that out.

Not sure about it being impossible at all, there are means of propulsion that could travel light years such as laser powered solar sails or anti-matter engines. Could you explain why physics rules it out?

time required = many years, energy needed = nearly infinite, There are another life forms out there (I believe because of the vast number of stars and planets) but physics rules out interstellar travel

Problems: time that travel takes (unless there is some way to go faster than light, but that looks quite unlikely in our present understanding), finding life elsewhere to begin with (we haven't managed it yet), how do you keep something alive to make the trip?, etc. Any civilization that could do it is probably so advanced beyond ours that, why bother? Neil deGrasse Tyson talks about how our DNA is only 5%(?, or less, I'm not sure of the exact number) different from chimpanzees, yet look at the difference in intelligence. What would the species 5% more advanced than us be like? And the best way, as we have found, to explore other worlds is with robots. OK, where are the alien robots at? We've now had an astronaut spend a year in space, and he's having horrible health problems that may be permanent. This might even cause a problem with exploring Mars, only about a two year journey, let alone decades of time in space it would take to reach another world. Add exposure to cosmic rays and other types of radiation once clear of Earth's magnetic field. And every time something new is attempted, new problems arise that no one could have ever dreamed of. And this is just stuff off the top of my head. Is there other life out there to begin with? I think so. Is it advanced? We have no way of knowing. All you can do is guess as there is no evidence one way or another right now. Space travel may be many things, but easy is not one of them.

I miss the days when the History Channel was actually about History.

Doesn't everyone?

The idea that intelligent life visited the earth, and built the pyramids, is an insult to the ingenuity and talents of ancient people. The anal probe stories are more likely. That sounds like a redneck fantasy.

You can not be 100% sure

"You" (the collective you, made it up. There is ZERO evidence that intelligent life has visited the earth. That is not the same issue as the possibility of life somewhere else in the universe. So I am not sure if there is life elsewhere, but I am 100% sure that extraterrestrials have not visited the earth. If and when evidence is actually shown, then I change my mind. So far, nothing! So yes, I'm sure.

When you consider the massive scope of the universe, there is just no way that we are the only intelligent life out there. Now the more important question: Have they visited us?? I don't think so, or if they did they quickly turned around and headed home.

some people say ,they have seen them, and space ship also

"Ancient Alien Theorists say..."

IMO, yes. It explains a heck of a lot.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1950
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.