• 2 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 2 votes
Beowulfsfriend 9 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All natural disasters can cause very large problems. I voted earthquake because of my learning and I would put volcano at number two. Remember, here in the USA Yellowstone is a super volcano and I have visited it and read on the talks of what is currently going on there.

When I lived in L.A. I lived through many earthquakes. Not really that scary to me.

I chose earthquake because it comes without warning.

The Apocalypse is mythical, and I don't find myths scary.

Natural disasters aren’t scary

Ever been in one?

@Remi hurricanes, floods, I’ve trekked into the caldera of an active volcano, droughts happen. I’ve never faced an earthquake nor close proximity to tornado (5 miles away), and apocalypse is just a silly option.

@NothinnXpreVails I live on the OR coast and the thought of an earthquake followed by a tsunami is pretty damn terrifying. An actual strato volcanic eruption is too. There's no escaping a Mt St Helens style eruption. Little different than hiking in Hawaii if that's what you meant.

@Remi it was Taal on southern Luzon. Since my son died, I don’t really fear anything, certainly not fear for my life or wellbeing. With my background in the geosciences, natural disasters do not frighten me. Yeah they can be deadly, but I’m not worried about them. They are just nature showing human insignificance, and I’m fine with the irrelevance. Yes, I would vacate an area endangered by natural disaster if it was of immediate danger, but fear isn’t the correct term.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:195190
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.