Agnostic.com

6 2

Two part question here!

Favorite stories? (Book, movie, song? Any format as long as it's a story)

If you converted from theism, do you find your taste for some classic stories has changed?

Lydiaeli 6 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Storywise I really liked the movie 'Second Hand Lions'
I also liked the premise behind "The Matrix", something Phillip K Dick actually believed to be true.
Books: LOTR is still the most incredible work of fiction EVER, and anything by Robert Heinlein is a good read.

After Theism - I cringe when I see "The Ten Commandments" advertised on TV. and really hate those cheesy commercials for Christian trinkits.

The Princess Bride is my all time favorite story. I loved the book and the movie.

Jonathan Livingston Seagull

One of my favorite movies is called "Amazing Grace and Chuck". It's about a kid named Chuck Murdock who is the best little league pitcher in the country. He gets to see a nuclear missile silo and it freaks him out so, he gives up baseball in protest. An NBA player they call Amazing Grace Smith reads about the kid and goes to meet him. He gives up basketball to join the kid. Some crappy acting by Alex English but, a worthwhile film.

Duke Level 8 Jan 30, 2018

Had this when we were kids. The book we had was hard cover and it had a village of elves working this was one of the stories I remember.

Do I get double points for answering my own question first?

Love: Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry, Swing Kids (movie), Fuel by Ani DiFranco (song)

Change: yes! That's why I asked. I find so many classic stories have the WASP-Y values of saviour like self-sacrifice. Or cleanly defined good vs. Evil. I just read 'A Wrinkle in Time' and found I couldn''the ugly engage for the above reason.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19722
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.