Agnostic.com

9 1

Why is it that all the best conversations happen in the kitchen when you're at a party?

Felinae 4 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My experience as a non-drinker is that there seem to be less drunks in the kitchen. It is where I go when I can no longer stand being around drunk people.

@patchoullijulie

I empathize. It is boring to be the only sober person in a group of drunk or stoned people.

"Wow, man... look at Kathleen go..." stoned college friends drawled, lazing on the couch, eating everything not nailed down.

@LiterateHiker It absolutely is boring. But of course I have always been viewed as the boring one because I don't wipe my self out with senseless alcohol consumption. My theory is that their all jealous because I can say no and they obviously cannot.

@patchoullijulie

Me, too. In graduate school while working full time, I studied in the shade at pool parties in my 20s.

@LiterateHiker Smart woman πŸ˜€

I've never really thought about it, but yeah, that seems to be true.

The only thing I can think of to account for it is that we evolve with some kind of reaction where we become mentally stimulated within the proximity of food.

That had become so common with us that when we rebuilt our house we made the kitchen the largest and nicest room. The house has a odd layout and there are 2 doors from the deck. One to the sunroom and the other to the kitchen. Same story, most discussions are in the kitchen (where the food is). I just had a couple of Japanese visitors who I have not seen for years. Again, the kitchen.

At parties, I love finding an intelligent and amusing person. In a quiet corner, we enjoy deep conversation, laughter and witty banter. Delightful.

I prefer this to vapid chatter.

Because Thinker’s avoid petty party games.. thus congregate with their own, in the kitchen πŸ™‚

Varn Level 8 Oct 10, 2018

Food and booze is in the kitchen, so people visit while indulging.

By the way, this website has a bit of a learning curve, so here's some info, in case you need it.

For members who are open to dating, certain thumbnails and profiles have a heart symbol on them with a percentage. This identifies which members are open to dating, and the percent shows approximately how compatible others are with them.

You gain website points by answering all the profile questions and writing a bio, which also earns website points, and helps other members get to know you.

Commenting on posts and writing your own posts earns more points. At level two you can private message people, and at level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

If you want to date, the website uses profile algorithms to find member matches, so the more details one includes, the better the match.

Many people prefer to see a written profile talking about interests, hobbies, and backgrounds that can be quickly perused to find others with similar interests..

In case you didn't know yet, to find members near you, click on the "Browse" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Click on the "Discuss" button, then "Nearby" to find members near you also.
Or click on the "About" button at the top left of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.

You can check for local events on the "Events" tab in the drop-down menu under the "Discuss" button, above.

Points are now being given to level 3+ members who chat. You can see chat rooms on the group main page.

The basin acts as a parabolic mirror, collecting all the best ideas among party-goers and conversation going on elsewhere, then reflects them in concentrated form into the brains of people in the kitchen rather like the parabolic mirror of a reflector telescope collects light and then projects it into the lens of the eyepiece. Obvious, really.

Jnei Level 8 Oct 10, 2018

beat me to it, I just chased the llnk also.

The food is in there!

The bar is usually in the kitchen! Yes that’s my experience, and I used to be a real party animal!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:197631
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.