Agnostic.com

5 1

Why do some comments have a "yes" or "no" option on them before people can click that they like comment?

Rudy1962 9 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well now I feel stupid. Had I read the administrators post on my page, it answers my above question.

It is a way of lightening the load on Admin by spreading out the monitoring load.

Well in that case. I'm all for helping out. I appreciate this site

Yeah? What level? Is it in the tutorial?

Lol

Read, decide, click.

Comments need approval before you reach a certain level.

Duke Level 8 Jan 30, 2018

Posts always need approval even though it says they go live from level five. Mine take HOURS for people to be able to see them. WTF?

@JeffMurray I've noticed that also. I think there is just some lag time on the server for the website.

@Duke I'm posting this comment at 2205EST. How fast did you see it?

@JeffMurray I'm sorry. I wasn't here when you posted it. I'm cooking at the moment. LOL

@JeffMurray But, it was 22:07 EST when I did see it.

@Duke I happened to see someone reply to another comment I made almost instantly after posting it. I don't think there's any lag, I think the code to make level 5 posts go live immediately is faulty.

@JeffMurray There does seem to be an issue with comments and the ability to like them tonight. @Admin is pretty good at fixing things quickly. I'm sure it won't last long.

@Duke @JeffMurray Sometimes comments of level 5+ members get bumped up for pre-review depending on the number and frequency of the member's flagged comments.

@Admin What about posts? And is there a way to know how many comments one has that were flagged?

@JeffMurray Not really at this time. Flags get removed by CS (customer service person) or by time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19766
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.