Agnostic.com

24 4

Do you believe in Bigfoot?

There have been so many claimed sightings, but never any clear photos, remains, hair or live ones captured, so, does the Sasquatch or Yete exist?

Now there has likely been a lot of hoaxes and cases of mistaken identity but, no concrete proof at all. But, I have a theory that their existence lies in the evolutionary biology of our minds. Once we share the environment with extremely large bi-pedle apes such as gigantopicitheis that were dangerous beyond belief and a careless encounter was fatal. Is it possible that this instinct invades our minds still to the point that a sudden noise or moving shadow in the woods triggers a fear response that causes us to think of and thus see them?

I have noted that two of the other cryobiological organism often seen are giant black cat and giant creatures in the water both of which have existed in our past.

What do you think.

HeathenFarmer 8 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Science is finding undiscovered fauna and flora all the time. No, I do not believe in contrivances created by man- in other words- no " Big foot".

Does Bigfoot believe in ME?

If I ever meet one I will be sure to ask.

Bigfoot has been shown very clearly to be a hoax. All one has to do is research scientific findings. If a "Bigfoot" were to be found, it would be strictly coincidence that a living creature actually exists at the same time that the hoax is perpetuated. I am fascinated by the discovery of plants and animals that we have not seen before, but Bigfoot is not going to be one of them. As an atheist, and unlike a believer in magical thinking and an imaginary sky daddy, I can change my mind based on evidence. I do not believe in any facts, I simply accept them.

No! Bigfoot is a myth.

Ha Ha!! Try replacing the word “Bigfoot” with “God” -same question, same answer.

mzee Level 7 Oct 22, 2017

About god, I am an atheist. About Bigfoot, I am agnostic.

I believe in big feet but not bigfoot, well unless a person lost a leg then yes he might be called Bigfoot. As far as hairy gorilla-like men living in North America, I've seen a few of those myself but they were all homosapien.

No, no evidence, like god

I gotta go with no on this one.
Like HeathenFarmer stated, there is no concrete evidence that Bigfoot exists, but there have been plenty of proven hoaxes.
With all the searching that has been going on, they should have at least gotten a good picture with a game camera by now.

People lead bored lives and find some excitement in ideas like this.

I say yes because one hasn't been found because it doesn't want to be found.

SamL Level 7 Oct 22, 2017

I once belonged to a kayaking club. Every month we had speakers. One time a couple of speakers were talking about kayaking in the Bearing Strait area and being hit by a storm. They found a small island to get out of the water and set up camp. Their clothes were wet so they built a fire and strung a line. One of the kayakers was looking for something to hang their clothes and actually found some file clips in the bushes! He was amazed that some else had actually spent time on the island and even left trash behind. The point being that there are few places we haven't been to and such a being as a Bigfoot would have surely been seen. Given the fact that it takes so many creatures to propagate and keep their species viable (there is a minimum number needed to keep a species from going extinct). There can be no 1 Bigfoot but must be many especially in a given area and it would be virtually impossible for this creature not to have been seen. I made a trip to Inverness (a great little city) which is the site of the Loch Ness monster. Nessie was being kept alive simply as a tourist draw and a source of income. We took a boat ride on the lake and the sole conversation was about the monster. However, read "Stranger in the Woods". It is an amazing book of how one such man hid for decades in the middle of a settled area without being found.

Nope!

Do you believe in Bigfoot?

Of course no.

"There have been so many claimed sightings, but never any clear photos, remains, hair or live ones captured, so, does the Sasquatch or Yete exist?"

It's unlikely because there's no hard evidence.

"Now there has likely been a lot of hoaxes and cases of mistaken identity but, no concrete proof at all."

What does they tell you?

"But, I have a theory that their existence lies in the evolutionary biology of our minds."

If something only exists in the mind we call it 'imaginary' don't we?

"Once we share the environment with extremely large bi-pedle apes such as gigantopicitheis that were dangerous beyond belief and a careless encounter was fatal. Is it possible that this instinct invades our minds still to the point that a sudden noise or moving shadow in the woods triggers a fear response that causes us to think of and thus see them?"

Yes in fact there is scientific evidence for this phenomena called H.A.D. - Hyperactive Agent Detection but it can cause people to think they have experienced any unseen entity whether it be animal or supernatural. Our propensity for HAD because genetically prevalent because if an ancestor made a mistake & saw no creature out in the forrest it didn't particularly matter but another ancestor who lacked HAD more easily became lunch to a predator so his propensity to not be overly vigilant got filtered out of the gene pool in the long term. People with too much vigilance tended to survive & reproduce thus strengthening HAD even though it wasn't usually justified.

"I have noted that two of the other cryobiological organism often seen are giant black cat and giant creatures in the water both of which have existed in our past."

I really doubt that specific ideas of creatures get installed into our subconscious & reappear generations later on.

"What do you think."

I think that about 99% of the time creatures that can never be proven to exist don't exist otherwise evidence would eventually come to light if they actually were real.

Paul Level 5 Oct 22, 2017

I think that the odds of a "bigfoot" being found is slim, but since it is just another possible animal and not some potential supernatural being, it requires no "belief" just the acknowlegement that perhaps it exists, or then again perhaps not, time will tel if proof arises.

I've hiked a lot of Northern California and have never seen one. We really know there is no such critter but like the Lock Ness Monster it brings in a few tourists and sells a few souvenirs. Spotting Big Foot could be like seeing an old middle aged deer hunter skinny dipping in a creek. Maybe something you rather not see.

I'm not well traveled but I have seen those brothers on the gico ad on tv... but they didn't look that tall... dunno.

Of course I have size 15 feet. What else would you expect from a guy who is 6'7" tall?

"I believe in SWORDFISH " song by THE DEAD MILKMAN

I like your theory.

I believe anything over a size 10 is a Bigfoot

I say no.

NZVee Level 4 Dec 20, 2017

yup

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1982
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.