Agnostic.com

4 0

I just watched the State of the Union Address. I liked the direction that our President is taking our country. Our economy, immigration, border security, military, prescription drugs, and immigration just to name view are in line with what he promised. He may be a little over the top with god, but we do have freedom of religion in this country. I hope he can continue to gain support and accomplishes his goals, and that we have a more prosperous, and safer America.

Leutrelle 7 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not wish I could agree with you because not to see how Putin is controlling this president is down right scary, Look at the evidence to date with the indictments and pleas of guilt. Look at him not willing to implement sanctions as well as continue to use vulgar and rude language. He is preaching god to the evangelical crowd , NOT to the other christians. He is cheating on his wife, he is lying to the public (and if you do not see this, you need to find fact checker) and cannot get higher than 40% approval ratings The stock market and jobs numbers are merely the continuation of Obama but Trump states it is he who gets credit. To the crowd willing to read and look at the stock numbers over the past decade, this is readily apparent
So sorry but to find him as decent and good for the country is not being aware of reality

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 31, 2018

Its funny how things work in politics. When Bush was in office before 911 the bad economy was his fault, not Clinton's. With all the hate towards Trump, and the massive debt that he inherited, I would have to say he is doing great.

I wish I could agree with you.

You could not have paid me to watch it. I turned on the TV, saw his ugly lying face and turned the TV off.

He doesn't DO anything but golf, watch TV and say stupid shit on Twitter to further embarrass us every day.

DT wants one thing -- to be king of the world. Nothing else matters to him. He will say or do anything, no matter how wrong or outlandish, to increase his ratings, polls, popularity, time in the news, covers of magazines, trending on Twitter, etc.

In short, he is nauseating.

But, I'm glad you enjoyed the show and that you think he's doing a good job! 🙂

He reminds me of Reagan

About as honest as I can get about Donald Trump is that he hasn't been the economic fall that some perceived him to be, sure he has done some things that I agree with (which would be hard NOT to do) and he is doing well at pandering to his voter base.

Why do people act like doing what you promised is such a laudable trait? If I promise to kill an innocent person and then do it, no one is going to congratulate me and tell me how noble I am for keeping my promise. The only time it matters is when what as been promised is virtuous, and I don't like most of what he has promised to do. I'm more concerned about the fact that he doesn't trust or understand science--and this is demonstrated by his own actions and the action of the scientists leaving his administration--he has put dangerous, unqualified people in charge of very important departments, and he doesn't seem to have a grasp on the true impact of his words apart from that they get him the attention that he wants. That's my position on Trump.

A very SOLID point, To turn away from science and climate is just freaking stupid or those that listen to you are stupid. come on man , as Obama would say

I Think companies investing back in America is virtuous. I Think if the people of science were serious about climate change then they would be building the LTF reactors. We really have not done anything that is green to increase base line electric since we were made aware of Climate change. Trump will improve the job market, and that is what America needs. He will enforce border control, and that is virtuous. He has got ISIS on the run; that is virtuous. I say give him a chance we might be pleasantly surprised.

@Leutrelle I don't get into economic or politically abstract debates because they aren't strong sciences. This is why I back the academic community. I can listen to economists bicker all day about which political frame is best, but the reality is there is no strong consensus among them like in other sciences, which means economic predictions are mostly crap shoots. I'm sticking to the fields where there is achieved consensus, and in those fields, those people don't seem to like him very much. In the sciences where experts have the strongest grasp of reality through a strong theory, people are disavowing him in droves.

Of course, I don't want him to fail. I live here. But I do think that the economic factors linked to Trump could be spurious (as they often are when connected to presidents) while there is no doubt that he is a scourge to our education system and scientific and humanitarian progress. And these are the foundations of a healthy society, not money.

Not....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19837
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.