Agnostic.com

8 0

Alex Jones. Do you think he was treated fairly by practically all the social media platforms, that all effectively silenced him for his opinions?

• 13 votes
  • 4 votes
TyWaters 4 Oct 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not defend Alex Jones, nor do I believe that he is a representative of a good person. I do not defend what he has said in the past, nor do I agree with pretty much any of his content on a political or personal level. I do support the idea that anyone should be allowed to say anything, even if it's offensive as long as their speech does not infringe on the rights of others, which some examples have been made and those I do not defend. I wanted to know the peoples opinion, and I thank those who participated. Especially those who got angry, it was fun to read.

I wish I never knew who that overly-dramatic(!!!!!!!!) dickwad was....AS IF he ever "treated anyone fairly"!
Is there something wrong with you?

A lot of things actually, but thanks for the comment.

fuck yeah whiny piece of shit his hate filled rants were beyond bonkers nothing but a self promoting sub par hack who deserves more than being denied their services

They didn't violate his first amendment or silence him - they said he wasn't allowed to use their resources to espouse his hateful and conspiratorial rhetoric.

Alex Jones and his Info Wars brand violated the first Amendment by inciting violence. They had given this guy many warnings to clean his act up. The families of Sandy Hook are harassed because he called the shooting of those children a hoax. He called for violence against the media.. which was one of the final straws.

The First Amendment has responsibilities that comes along with it. That's why it is illegal to yell "fire" in a crowded theater. There is a social responsibility to not purposely distort or lie with obvious intent to incite the public. A version of yelling fire in the public forum. As we seen with this Administration, rhetoric can incite unstable, rash individuals to act out in violent ways.

No...he was attacked and silenced to see if the American people are willing to give up more of their rights, or at least not fight when other's rights are violated.

II know others have said freedom of speech has limits, but who defines those limits? Elected officials, who haven't followed the wishes of the people in decades? And if we can create a speech police, what are the safeguards to keep them from shooting unarmed people for speaking a word? Cops kill unarmed people daily without any type of inditement, much less conviction or even a departmental reprimand.

I would suggest people read the poem "First they came...", and think about our willingness to turn a blind eye to the suffering or violation of other's rights, even those you don't agree with.

he should, have been treated worse. he wasn't silenced for his opinions. he was (incompletely) silenced because he was libelous and slanderous, he spread lies, he attacked families who were already suffering from the loss of a child, and those weren't his opinions -- he said he was just an "entertainer." if those are really his opinions, he is insane on top of everything else. by the way, freedom of speech has limits. you don't yell "fire" in a crowded movie theatre unless there actually IS a fire, and private entities such as facebook and twitter have the right to make their own rules. so yeah, more than fairly.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:198436
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.