Agnostic.com

9 0

LINK The Myers-Briggs Personality Test Is Bullshit - But I took one anyway.

So me and the squeeze took the inventory test.... Pretty opposite. But then the explanations say that an ESTJ would be his perfect match. Now I know there's something off.

It's all bunk but... it was interesting to take.

((((I am similar to Bill O'Reily and Margaret Thatcher? OMG)))

onlyduh 7 Oct 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I took it a few years ago. I'm a INTJ. Maybe I'll try that Facet5.

I’ve used psychology based personality profiling tools in my work, and found them, as did my clients, to be very useful, and frighteningly accurate. The best one, in my opinion, is one called Facet5.

Myers-Briggs on the other hand, is a pile of pooh. It is based on the empirical and observational impressions of two individuals who had no qualifications, and no psychology background of any sort.

How it took off, let alone survived so long, and became a sort of ‘go to’ tool, is beyond me, and anyone who has even the tiniest iota of knowledge of behavioural psychology. Weird.

And of course it has no reliability whatsoever. A huge proportion of people change their outcome within a six week period of time. Those folks have fleeced organizations for a king's fortune

Maybe you should start a radio talk show and run England ?

Like any test, it is simply a tool used in conjunction with other markers to predict compatibility and likelihood of fitting into the corporate culture of specific industries.

Take it all with a grain of salt, like most things in our lives...oddly, just from your post, I do see both Bill O'Reilly and Margaret Thatcher in you...

About as good a predictor of who you are as your horoscope............

Ya, I just listened to a podcast where they explained that if anyone takes the test 6 months later, over 50% will get a different result. But its become the go to for corporate..

oh yes, definitely bullshit, and yet it gets promoted....

g

It's been nice to see how people have come to realize what bullshit this personality test is. To think people base decisions in this crap...

I’m an INFJ

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:198605
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.