Agnostic.com

9 3

I almost didn't post this. It seems there is just too much of this kind of thing. & then, we get the same thing happening with people, too. We get numb from the sheer volume of suffering. I don't have an answer, but I'm fairly sure a "loving" god is not a part of the equation. If I had a say this kind of thing would not be so commonplace. Anyway, be warned, a heartstring tugger...

phxbillcee 10 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The video reminded me the most humble and educated dog I ever saw... "little dude henry". Found by my daughter eating out of restaurant garbage in downtown Jacksonville and now part of my other daughter household. He wouldn't even step into my room without being invited.

I have had and do have rescue dogs and horses. Some come with baggage and trust issues but are able to overcome them. It says a lot to me about a person who is loving towards animals and says lot to me about those who are not, just saying. Having to choose between caring for people OR caring for animals is not necessary.
The issue with people's insecurity in housing and employment leads to a seeming lack of responsibility for their pets and their kids. We don't need to have these issues, there is plenty of resources and money for everyone, like there was after WW2 but their is so much corruption and greed and every not at the very top has to pay for their greed.

i am not a pet person at all, but every time i realise again how terribly sad the existence of so many dogs & cats is, my heart hurts & i am crying, like now. i just wished people would be more responsible & compassionate with their dependents, human or non-human.

I saw that on you-tube and it is such a heart touching story. There is so much to be done and so little time...

This is a tear jerker for any dog lover and or owner,but I am glad he ended up happy and healthy

My girl was confiscated by the RSPA and taken to the pound to be put down as she was considered too damaged to be re-homed. My foster sons sister goes to the pound each week, paid over $300 to have the pup released to her and drove 4 hours he next day and gave her to me as a xmas present. That was in 2008. Sadly I had her at the vet last week to have some growth removed, and tomorrow is a return visit to get biopsy results and have some xrays. The older dog in the photo saw the poor miserable young pup and immediately got some of her own toys and used them to teach the pup to play. Sadly she won't see the year out as she now has Cushings, at 12 and 1/2.

One of the sad things we (animal lovers & pet boarders (don't know who owns who, sometimes)) have to go through is losing so many loved ones that don't share our life-span, even if they share our lives & homes. I know how you feel, but at least she had you!

Very nice.. good video.. yes most of these I can't watch at all.. its too heart wrenching on the damage and cruelty people do to animals.

I hope it has a good ending. there are some groups that show the before and afters. I watch those

Sorry I'm too much of a softie I can't watch these things. I change the channel when the ASPCA commercials come on, I can't go to the shelter to adopt new cats because I want to save them all and if I ever think about my cats who are no longer with me I tear up. Tearing up right now... 😟

I'm sorry. I knew a lot of folk would have that reaction, but I saw it, & as they say, "misery loves company", or maybe somebody could say something to make me feel better???

I am exactly, precisely the same. I care too much and it hurts too much. Cannot watch it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19936
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.