Agnostic.com

13 4

How do I get smiley faces to appear? Every time I try, I just get question marks.

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Perhaps the ? Means that they want to know what you are smiling about.

🙂

dc65 Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

People are shy. Maybe extend a greeting of "hello" after smiling at them. They'll most likely change their attitude and smile and/or chat next time rather than giving you questioning looks.

😀

Thanks for posting this, was wondering earlier today if it used the text conversion but never tried it. .

Very good question

I have to admit, I'm OG so I don't even think about them usually.

I get emojis when I do a " )" quite often!

That was supposed to be (& I typed) a ). But it's happened to me even without the """'s there.

also look in the FAQs, there are many other emojis shown there.

Go to FAQs, at the bottom it has the list.

Thank you.

Testing: no need for ☂ today, it's ☀ It worked 👍 !

i tried on my phone and they turned into question marks on my laptop so I deleted. weird. wonder why?

Go to FAQs below. At the bottom there is a list.

Because the ones your phone uses are specific for that platform, not platform-independent as web technologies are.

Use a colon : and a right parenthesis or upper case zero. so : ) 🙂

Thank you!

@EmeraldJewel My pleasure!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20066
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.