Agnostic.com

5 3

Thoughts? Neil deGrasse Tyson asked if he believes in god:

[facebook.com]

Francoise 6 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love Neil deGrasse Tyson. Have you seen his show on National Geographic, Startalk?
[channel.nationalgeographic.com]

Neil is my favorite astro physicist, so much so I think I will name a goat after him, seriously, a registered fullblood Boer goat buck! Just waiting for one of my girls to drop a black dappled with some gold spots to match his vests!

Neil is cool!

jeffy Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

He has # Attitude!

He is my god. Not the all-powerful or all-good god. I don't believe in such a god.

But he is who I follow in regards to critical thinking and data-driven beliefs. If anyone would ever prove any of his teachings wrong, I would definitely dump him as my god. But I'm sure that if he was ever proven wrong, he would admit to being wrong and correct himself. (This is sounding like a religion based on data-proven beliefs. But I did, on purpose, use the words "follow" and "teachings" to flavour my point.)

Well said SamKerry,I am of the same opinion.I have two scientific living gods Richard Dawkins and Professor Brian Cox .Richard Dawkins a evolutionary biologist and Brian Cox a physicist and astronomer.

@PeterJohn Hear, hear! for Dawkins and Cox. I'm reading Greatest Show on Earth at the moment.

And in regards to Brian Cox...he was here in AUS last year and was in a TV forum where he had some terse discussions with a Senator Malcolm Roberts about Climate Change. Malcolm Roberts is a "piece of work". He is no longer a Senator, thank goodness:

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.