Agnostic.com

9 3

Does anyone name their cars and trucks

All my vehicles have had a name.
M first love my 1969 Chevelle with a black racing stripe was named Cruella.
My first car. A 1965 Plymouth Fury was called project.
I had a 1977 ford truck Elvira a legend!
A 1989 GMC Jimmy The Gray ghost.
1991 Honda Accord white Nurse Racthet
A Ford Explorer The family truckster.
My Current truck Mirranda and my little red car Rudolph The Red.
Anyone else???

Stevil 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Esmeralda - a fiat 500 Giardiano with canvas top that with 4 12 stone blokes in it was squeezy and only capable of 40 miles per hour down hill with everyone farting - I think that is why it had the peel back roof.
The Beastie a Nissan Patrol fitted with a 4.2 litre Holden (GM) motor that cruised at 140mph all day long.
Nellie Thebus my home for six years living off grid. A whopping 7 or 8 litre diesel that did 4 kilometres per litre (same as the Beastie).
The current Mitsubishi and Ford haven't been named ... perhaps I'm now too old or don't have the affection once held - they are just A to B tools.

@Stevil LMAO know what you mean.

I have an X3 named Clarice, so I get to say Hello.
And a beat up old truck that I can slide in & say "It's me again, Margaret".

Yep. My last car was named Sherman. After a Sherman tank as it was nearly indestructible !!! Finally it succumbed when a hog hit it! This one is named Mike Wazowski.

No, I wouldn't assign a name to my penis either... but I used to assign them theme songs.

When I was a kid, my mother had a Mazda 323, she called it Tarzan, because she said it was a Tarzan car (tree to tree).
She would say, lets get in Tarzan and go for a drive. Rolls eyes lol. A mum/mom joke maybe.

Sacha Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

The Red Rocket, a Ford Festiva I purchased from a friend and inherited the nickname (small town!).

@Stevil It was the most embarrassing car I ever owned. I could touch the front and back windshields as well as both side windows, and as you know it is not a sports car! Lol. Now I have a G6 and call him Loverboy. Makes me feel fast and hot and it still turns some heads.

When I was 17, my first car, a '67 Pontiac Tempest, was nicknamed The Death Mobile, after I put it through a guardrail on the NJ Turnpike. No one was hurt, only had a little bit of front end damage, and one broken headlight (which I fixed myself). The friends I was with at the time started calling her that. She was a beast.

@Stevil Well, I did have on a leather jacket at the time. Mel couldn't have done it any better than I did. I put the car through the horizontal beam (wood) near the middle, and completely missed the vertical posts.

I had a 2000 Xterra- the first year they made them. I used to call it Ecksy
When it was time to trade her in, I didn't care for the current model and had always wanted a pick-up so got a Frontier.

I call it the very original and unique name of My Precious although is also referred to as my geomobile when around geo cachers.

I havent named my cars, but I do personify their model names. I dive my ranger with a purpose for helping people or exploring, while listening to Johnny Cash and Mary Robbins. And I tend to drive my Sonic more aggressively and with speed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20126
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.