Agnostic.com

7 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

the powerful few have to be cut down at last. this inhumane, indifferent attitude is a global disease, caused by the 1%. we have to put an end to it.

American certainly is not a Democracy.

This is infuriating

Unfortunately it is happening in similar circumstances throughout the country. A way for the elite to stay in control for another 20 or so years.

Very troubling. The article doesn't mention it, but it seems to me a law which penalizes citizens for lack of a physical address is also just another way of punishing the poor for being poor. As far as Native Americans on reservations are concerned, I have to wonder how other North Dakota laws deal with the lack of a physical address, as surely there are if this is something common. I would think the courts should take that into consideration.

And I just thought of laws that could have bearing for those Native Americans. If I'm not mistaken, a summons or an arrest warrant probably has to list some kind of physical location of residence, which might not have an actual address.

The decision to uphold is a bit of a surprise give the impact of disenfranchisement. What was truly surprising was that it was a 6-2 vote, meaning two of the less conservative Justices voted in favor rather than against upholding the lower court ruling. That does not bode well for reversing other attempts to disenfranchise marginal groups.

Yep.

That's outrageous. I wonder how many people show up with outdated addresses on their ID anyway. Are they to be prosecuted? Don't tell me you live in a democracy!

Not so sure anymore.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:201280
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.