Agnostic.com

4 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They rather they die than go on welfare.

They kept it in WA, but not very well. The clinics that take Medicaid are pretty substandard. My housemate ended up in hospital twice because they fucked up her prescriptions.

Then again, paid insurance isn't much better, here.

Not only the poor but a whole lot of middle class too.

I had an online friend from California who died, because she couldn't afford to live. She couldn't pay for her diabetic meds, couldn't afford food more than once a day, etc. Its disgusting.

I am not sure but isn't there places in CA that provide food to those less able to provide for themselves. I also think some drug companies have discount programs to help the truly poor afford their medicines. I stated in another post, that I don't understand why if your on Medicaid you have no co-pay but if you are on Social Security Disability due to on the job injury you have a 20% co-pay and it doesn't cover hearing or dental unlike Medicaid. I go without medicine also but I would scrap up the money to afford life saving prescription's.

@MarkF I have no idea....I'm Canadian. She was an online friend.

@Lilac-Jade Well even in Canada don't you have local groups like church's, who help out the poor and disabled with food donations?

@MarkF We don't have the issues here that my friend did in California, & she is the one I'm talking about.

@MarkF, i think you don't understand: @Lilac-Jade is canadian, her online friend was us-american, so her knowledge about the medical system & soup kitchens in the us of a is limited.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:202080
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.