Agnostic.com

10 8

Have you noticed this?

Wisdom and beauty are often gentle, delicate, and generally subtle. Ignorance, on the other hand, must proclaim itself from the rooftops.

Benthoven 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Indeed hand in hand with bullshit.

I can't argue with the wisdom of this.

I don't know... I had seen pretty Loud Beauty on my days.

Not only have I noticed this, I've embodied this. Of course I notice it in other people. But I definitely notice it in myself too.

I find fear speaks the loudest, but costumed as justice or other things.

It's why I like the "Good News" sites. There are actually so many wise people doing good things, just no one is shouting about it. This is my favorite: [good.is] Many others lean toward animal stories, which says something...

It seems to me that a lot of people believe that volume, anger, dogged intensity, and bullying words are proper substitutes for informed content and reasonable discussion. On top of that, it's like arguing almost any point has turned into a battle to crush all opposition, as in "Atheism destroyed!" videos. What's supposed to be a stance of strength and domination is really weakness and uncertainty that cannot be tolerated or even faced, since it opens the possibility that one might be - gasp - wrong. So it's better to roar like an ignorant lion than whisper like a sagacious owl, I suppose.

Too often this is the case, just look at trump.

Took the words out of my fingers

Louder is not better. Louder promotes reaction. Gentle discussion promotes thoughtful response. Busting glass, burning cars are like shooting stars. Civil dialogue are like phases of the moon, and lend pause to consider again.

Unfortunately too true.

Yeah, Trump is proof of this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20241
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.