Agnostic.com

22 5

Do you remember your dreams?

Its rare for me to remember my dreams, and how do I know if have dreams?

gater 7 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ya, and they're really weird conceptually. I can tell where my head is at subconsciously if I have a string of dreams where I'm a victim, running from something oppressive. Or I'll have a string of dreams where I'm doing cool, adventurous things. It's basically a litmus test of where I'm at in my feelings of well-being scale.

I don't remember dreams now, but I used to often remember them.

I was born remembering past lives, but learned to never mention it.
But one night I had a dream that was so vivid, set in Bible times, that it changed my life. It was a possible scenario from a past life, because it was as though I'd been born into that time, complete with memories of growing up there, knew all my relatives and friends in the village, had strict Jewish religious ideas, no knowledge of technology, and had a mindset like someone from that time.

When I woke up I felt bewildered and disoriented, crying for my (imaginary?) Hebrew family for months. Last year I saw a movie set in Bible times and it upset me so much I could hardly watch it for overwhelming homesickness.

when i was young i did very vividly. every night

Yes. I still “rerun” dreams from when I was a child. I have lucid dreams and dreams so real that it takes me a minute to distinguish them from reality.

It goes in waves for me: long periods where I don't remember a thing, broken up by periods of varying length remembering varying levels of detail--usually fairly extensive recall, when it happens. I've never detected any rhyme or reason to the variance, but I've never thought about it much.

I used to have some regularly recurring dreams (flying, losing teeth) but they seem to have petered out a while ago.

Yes I remember my dreams. sometimes I wish I didn't. for many years have had dreams about my ex, they are heart wrenching. I don't have them as often now, thankfully. I think dreams in large part are due to your mind trying to work out the things you neglect during the day. but I have also had prophetic dreams. mostly though they make no sense and so I think they are sometimes just misfiring synapses.

When I was much younger (teens) I sometimes remembered dreams in a huge amount of detail, and sometimes wrote them out along with sketches, diagrams and maps. I still have many of these early notes. Sadly, these days I remember very little of my dreams, although kissing Elizabeth Taylor twice remains fairly vivid.

Very rarely. I've had some weird ones. 3 that I remember:

1. I walked into my parents room and there was a deer head over their bed and when I looked at it, it turned it's head and stared at me. No, they didn't really have a deer head over their bed lol

2. I was in a castle and all of a sudden there were meteors coming out of the sky and crashing through the walls. I forget if I was at a ceremony of some sort.

3. I was laying on a couch and my nephew was laying on another couch across the room. We were looking up at the day sky because there was no roof on the house. We saw a UFO and then we saw the moon and it appeared to keep getting closer and closer until it was so big that it was the only thing that could be seen past the top of the house. I don't remember if it crashed into us or not.

The rest are just regular mundane dreams about sex or sports or being a rock star lol

I remember dreams because they are usually the same stupid dreams over and over again

I have vivid dreams in color, and those are reoccurring dreams. I am usually flying an airplane. I am not a pilot, but I seem to get along fine in my dream. The planes vary from a fighter jet, passenger jet, to a single engine plane. Soooo much detail. It's like a novel in my head.

Rarely remember anything. Though I do remember that I had dreamt something on most days but do not remember what exactly I saw in the dream.

I very rarely remember everything - I'm always left with a feeling that I remember the gist but a huge amount of detail has been lost. I also seem to wake up just before I get to the best bits!! LOL

I wish I had dreams like normal people, I have only ever had a few what I consider dreams. My nocturnal screenings are limited to every day things, basically reliving my day. As a banker, if my till was ever out, while I was asleep my mind would replay every transaction I did that day and I would wake remembering where I made my mistake. Imagine all night seeing nothing but lists of figures. These days are not much different, in my sleep I formulate funding applications for projects and other boring duties, when I wake, I am into it.

Almost always, some are pretty damn weird...

My favorite are the flying naked dreams lol. who knew church steeples could look so phallic?

I do have a memory of a dream that happened many years ago. So funny - most of my dreams are forgotten within seconds after waking up, but this one stayed in my head.

• I was on the roof of a hut, and I stepped off, but instead of falling I was hovering about 10 feet in the air, and I was moving my arms trying to fly - and it was working.
    Then my brother walked up and said to me - "David, you can't fly!"
    And then I immediately fell to the ground.
    I remember being mad at him because he saw me flying - and then told me that I couldn't fly - I blamed him for my fall!
    That was probably 50 years ago - and I can still see images from that dream.
gater Level 7 Feb 2, 2018

Some times... but I like to enjoy and be all on them while they happen... I do remember and this is between us... a wet dream that I told to myself... oh is in the dream, is okay... No it was not in the dream only and was also on my pajamas and the bed all over. Never moved so quick to change my sheets. My grandma said, that's a sign you are growing up and started laughing... she knew. Junior High mind you.

I never remember mine.

Yes, I remember them sometimes. how I realise its a dream is there's often something impossible in them and of course I wake up unless of course life is a dream.

Songs "Life is just a Dream" - also "Life is but a Dream" - maybe you're right 🙂

Quite often...I'll just leave it at that for now. Hot button issue for me.

Some. Not all. And for some reason, I remember more of the dreams from when I was 10 to 12 years old. Probably because it was when my imagination was (and thoughts were) truly free of care.

Sometimes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20327
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.