Agnostic.com

8 5

Why Didnt Elizabeth Warren Just Keep Her Pie Hole Shut?

Sometimes....Silence Is Golden.

[msn.com]

twshield 8 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here's an article about Elizabeth Warren's claim to Native American ancestry being a great example of how the left shoots itself in the foot:

[bloomberg.com]

Like Warren, I too have a story in my family of Cherokee ancestry. I've often thought about getting a DNA test in part to see if there's anything to the story. I'm baffled by any outrage over this. As far as I know, Warren hasn't made a claim to being or identifying as a Native American or being a citizen of any tribe. This is reflected in the article. Also in the article is an official of a Cherokee tribe defending Warren.

I also take exception to this statement from the article:'"The American public doesn’t understand the difference" between ancestry and tribal membership, said Kim TallBear, a professor at the University of Alberta....' Who among us doesn't know the difference? Do you really think the American public by and large doesn't understand the difference? In a way, this also seems like rejecting DNA science. I'm essentially half-German by ancestry (all 4 of my maternal great-grandparents were born in Germany), but I've never thought nor asserted that I am a German or a German citizen.

In considering a response to the post, I kept wondering where the outrage from Chuck Hoskin Jr., the secretary of state of the Cherokee Nation, is coming from. One thing the article is silent on is whether or not Hoskin is a Trump supporter, which makes a difference because Trump supporters tend to continue their support no matter what. I also wonder about any connections to Trump in the area of the gambling industry.

"I also take exception to this statement from the article:'"The American public doesn’t understand the difference" between ancestry and tribal membership, said Kim TallBear, a professor at the University of Alberta....' Who among us doesn't know the difference?"

I admit I didn't know until I listened to an NPR interview yesterday that the Cherokee Nation's citizenship requirement was only to have a paper trail linking one to the incomplete and inaccurate Dawes Commission of Final Rolls. I was surprised by the hostility exhibited by the representative of the Cherokee Nation towards Warren.

[en.wikipedia.org]

My goodness, with a liar-in-chief in the White House that humiliates folks numerous times each and every day and then we have Elizabeth who took up that same person's challenge to make a point, I would think we and the Native Americans could give her a break. Let's all just have a little common sense and overlook the small shit! It's fine for them to educate us why they resent her judgement but lets move on. I'm pretty sick of living by two completely different standards. Democrats get crucified for minor infractions while Republicans get away with anything and everything.

gearl Level 8 Oct 18, 2018

Shes a clueless liar!

gater Level 7 Oct 17, 2018

might have been a good time to eat the whole pie

I realize why this is a screw up? But I can't quite blame her for sticking it to 45.

I'm fortunate that I can trace my ancestry back a few hundred years. All memory based and now on paper!

Poor judgement.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 17, 2018

I think it's important that she speaks up, maybe this time it was a mistake, but overall she needs to speak up, and does.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:203354
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.