Agnostic.com

28 3

How do you see youself in 5 years?

More one for the older members maybe. I notice many members are like myself, single, looking but not really looking. In my case I would say less looking and more open to someone coming along. Many of us seem happy enough and settled in our lifestyles, maybe no room for a partner? So, 2023 I will be turning 65, hopefully still active, no doubt more grey. I moved 5 years ago, can't see myself doing that again for a while, would like to think I am still driving and still outdoors a lot. Doesn't appear that I will be a grandparent. anyone have any thoughts? I just wonder at all the things I haven't thought about but should.

Rugglesby 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A good leg will fall; a straight back will stoop; a black beard will turn white; a curled pate will grow
bald; a fair face will wither; a full eye will wax hollow:
But, in faith, the elder I wax, the better I shall appear:my comfort is, that old age, that ill layer up of
beauty, can do no more, spoil upon my face
Shakespeares Henry 5th.

Older, slower, broke, more wrinkles, sharper tongue. More people will hate me, less people will talk to me ( but I am ok with that)

I no longer try to do that. I have lived the Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times". Every time I make plans or envision the future some big truck comes along and knocks me onto another path. Now it's just sitting back and try and enjoy what comes along.

Actually, I find it is better to look back 5 years and see what has changed. One horrible change (the death of my partner) but physically and situationaly, the best shape in over 15 years!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20380
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.