Agnostic.com

10 3

How many of us deal with anxiety and depression?

Copenhagun 4 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Both at different periods in my life. Took meds for awhile, but didn't want long term treatment. Actually found a great counselor who taught me a lot of techniques to decrease anxiety and keep me from getting in too much of a funk. Dont get me wrong, at least once or twice year or I fall apart and spend a few days in bed crying and binge watching Netflix. Seems to do the trick.

I had depression once when my girlfriend left me while my ex was getting my house, and had my salary garnisheed, fighting for child custody while homeless, my company was going down the gurgler and I had to sack all the senior managers and take on their workload, then my daughter ended up in hospital and so nearly died. All this occurred in a 7 month period and I was medicated to get through. Once all the problems were over, it went away and has not re-occurred. I still get anxiety attacks, I have had them all my life, they are something I learned and seem unable to unlearn. I don't need medication for it and manage by controlling the situations around me.

I hate to say but... I ignore the motherfuckers... I am too grown to be controlled by emotions or spirit mood changes. I am in control... I reckon age show me what to do. Fuck the diagnosis and the medicine prescribed. I like the results. I got plenty of time but I refuse to use it on playing "patient". As I write this found on youtube, new recordings from my favorite spanish band... B-Tribe... known to some as Soulsters of Barcelona. I got their first 4 cds and there seems to be two other ones. So this weekend is going to be "Techno Flamenco" leading toward St Valentine. The Gods are Favoring me big time... that is how you deal with depression bro... find your bag!!!! open it... indulge yourself.

My foster son would agree completely, we have had this discussion often.

@Rugglesby I realize is not for everyone... some people belief in diagnosis and others crave the medication. I self medicated myself enough as a teen to live now going in the opposite direction. If I can. Now depression is good... I create. Instead of someone asking me questions to reach a conclusion and diagnosis of you are not happy... so you must be sad. And sad is bad. Instead I do whatever I have to do to be happy and accept sad as part of the human experience. I use sadness as a vehicle and a tool to be used by me and not me being used by it.

I don't have anxiety so much anymore, but depression has been an unwanted traveling companion for many years. I have to take medication, or things really go south. I have found that walking helps me.

Being different from the norm can be isolating. One thing religion has going for it is the fellowship it inspires.

Depression can manifest as anxiety or even anger

Depression. Rarely anxiety.
I don't know if anybody has had this experience, but I didn't know I had been depressed until I wasn't.
I was going along feeling like shit and thought that was normal.
Drugs are a wonderful thing.

I used to nut my stroke kinda fixed for me, not the best way to go about fixing it. I used to take medication to help and it did but if I was placed in situations I would freak out ,internally, but I would try not to show it, apparently I failed, and just sit back and watch and listen. I learned a lot that way I also became a very good listener and I could and did and still impart some sage advise from time to time.

Who doesn't?

jeffy Level 7 Feb 2, 2018

most people don't in the way some like myself do

@witchymom she is the one who has to work it out but you being there for her is very important

Looks like it's just us two 🙂

Me nearly all my adult life

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20385
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.