Agnostic.com

14 3

If "She" claims to be more spiritual than religious, yet really enjoys going to catholic mass on Saturday nights (postponing our "together plans" ) should patience prevail or is it time to move on?

smicro84 4 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Time to move on.

Thank you everyone - As much as I care and feel for this woman (The ONLY one in the last 8 years I could even envision a relationship) - I know you're probably right

If she is breaking your Saturday night date to go to mass, she is sending you a very clear message. Id say you already have the answer to your question.

No knowing the whole story, but if she claims to be more spiritual than religious, and goes to church, I would say she is religious. And for me that would be a deal breaker.,

Since you choose to ask the question here, I think you already answered it. You are ready to "move on". 🙂

Betty Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

yep, that is what I was going to say also.

@Rugglesby

Great minds think alike. 😉

I would never be in that situation to begin with.

It's difficult but if someone is spending time in church and it's the only time of the week set aside for you then I'd be looking to back out before you got in too deep. I think it's not impossible to have a good relationship with someone spiritual or mildly religious but if going to church by herself is more important than being with you then that says something.

is she going to pre-confession or something? could be she has started a lay-away plan.

Are you in love? Do you share a home and finances? If the answer to those two questions is no, speaking from personal experience, I would say it’s time to cut the ties. But, that’s just me.

I would say move on if it makes you uncomfortable

Only you can decide how to proceed, but if it were me, I'd be cutting my losses. With a quickness.

Same here

Your heart...and brains...will tell you the path to follow.

You're always going to be in a relationship with a believer. Is that what you want?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20476
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.