Agnostic.com

12 2

No Jesus, no peace

Just want to get your thoughts on the saying: "No Jesus, No Peace. Know Jesus, Know Peace." Personally, I hate it!! Being an atheist, I do not need Jesus in my life to be at peace, be a moral person, be a nice person, etc, etc, etc.

kittieblue13 4 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No Jesus, no peace, but one can eat a little piece of Jesus somewhere every Sunday.

But, in that book of theirs "Jesus" says he didn't come to send peace on Earth.

Someone turned off their spell check... Clearly they meant "justice."

NO, jesus! NOW peace!

g

A much better saying is "sticks and stones" naw naw naw naw naw The people back in the dark ages would have revamped the saying to be "no jesus so die MFer" It always amazes me that these pricks always forget where their cult originated from.

Jesus followers by wars and persecution caused more suffering than good. One example was the fighting between Protestant and Catholics in Northern Ireland and Britain that caused an estimated 60,000 death from after world war II to recent times and Jesus was the referee !!

Offends nor stresses me no more than most Jesus statements. I appreciate even groan worthy wordplay, even if the edge is dumb.

The only time I invoke Jesus is when I stubb my pinky toe on the coffee table.

Right! Hahaha

The fundamentalist value proposition is some variation on this theme:

1. You are a lowly, wretched, sinful worm (and by implication, perpetual loser)
  2. Jesus alone can save you from yourself

A common specific version:

1. You are a lost wraith moving aimlessly through life, perhaps you are lonely, disappointed, or have substance abuse issues or emotional problems
  2. Jesus alone can give you the meaning, purpose, structure and confidence you've lacked

This tends to select for people who either are, or fear they might be, "lost" and need "finding". It is the introduction to the system of learned helplessness that is fundamentalism. It sets you up for a psychological dependency on their imaginary solutions to imaginary problems.

i've never heard that before. is that why i'm so stressed out? because i don't have jesus?

Possibly. LOL!! 🙂

Yes.

I have peace.. Who is this person Jesus you are referring to here?

Sounds like a spin on "No Justice, No Peace". Like they couldn't leave that perfectly good useless phrase well enough alone.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:204850
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.