Agnostic.com

28 8

Do you let your emotions get in the way of rational thinking?

Sometimes I do. I have to sit back for a few days and think rationally before I go and make a decision. Same with when I buy something expensive. I think and I make a pros and cons list. When I'm blinded by emotions, I feel inundated and can't use my reasoning skills. Today I went to the gym and thought and thought of different outcomes for my future. I thought of how far I have come in life and how I got to where I am. Tomorrow is another day off (unless they call me into work?) and I'll go back to the gym and mull things over. I'm giving my boss space. I think with time, things will be alright. I don't want to quit my job over a temporary problem. That is a little childish. I will face it head on like a mature adult. Forgive, forget, and move on.

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that is part of wisdom, acknowledge our emotions so they don't control us.

I'm like you, I hate to make a snap decision and I get stressed if I feel I am being bullied into a decision that I am not comfortable to make. I like to just back off for a while, let it soak in and mull the possibilities over, then sleep on it a bit and when I feel relaxed and comfortable the best solution usually pops into my head. This is especially true with buying gadgets or anything a bit expensive - I get excited at the start but I just pause and wait a few days - if I still want it after I have calmed down then it is a good decision. 🙂

my emotions get in the way of rational thinking less, the more i acknowledge them. each thing has its moment. emotions only get in the way if they pile up, being denied.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20542
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.