Agnostic.com

69 3

What's the best response to "why are you so quiet'?

jafbm 5 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

69 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Like a shark has to swim to breathe, I probably won't be around when I'm finally silent...

Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all dought.

You get arrested for planning a murder out loud

Tell 'em, "Because I'm always trying to hear what the voices in my head are saying. Shhh... did you hear that?" Hahaha!?????

Silence accompanied with a blank stare.

Oh yeah, that drives 'em crazy!!!

"My momma always said, if you don't have something nice to say......" (then shrug)

stares silently back

"The better to hear you with my dear."

stares unblinkingly with a flat affect

"why are you so loud?"

I have too many voices in my head already.

Shut up for a moment and i'll tell you! ?

Why aren't you more quiet?

Kings and queens, never yell.

"Why are you rude"?

Because you seem to be doing fine all on your own - you don't seem to need me

I'm gathering evidence.

In what context?

Assuming police interrogation (what I call early Saturday mornings), it's "5th amendment, bitches!"

Mileage may vary depending on the context.

"Because I'm listening."

Reenforced silence

Because I'm listening to you

Thinking further on this.....the question is really a sly way to manipulate you....make you feel inferior because you have nothing to say. I'm positive you will speak up if something important catches your attention. Meanwhile,.....I think it is better to spend more time listening.

Or another personal favorite.

Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon..Eventually they will just shit all over everything but strut around like they actually won.

People are revealed if you listen to them, most show their inner self.

No one has ever asked me that question.

Not sure anyone has ever accused me of being quiet, yet, haha! But when someone does, perhaps it will be because I finally will have learned the wisdom that sometimes it's better just not to say anything.

I think I've learned that for the most part, but once in a while I will blurt out my thoughts without thinking. The older I get, the smarter I am about when to be quiet.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:205645
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.