Agnostic.com

20 0

What was the worse job you had to endure?Why?

Marine 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Saturday mornings at my dad's engineering firm when I was a teenager. The old slave driver used to make me work myself half to death!

Jnei Level 8 Feb 16, 2018

Dealing with my siblings not a job but a job?

These all sound like rotten jobs But i know of a Marine who 's job is to disarm bombs. Any volunteer's???

I spent one miserable summer working in a cotton candy trailer at many Ohio county fairs.

I can’t work warehouse jobs. I get inside my own head (depression) and can’t seemto stay at jobs that are repetitive. I can’t wait to join the film industry. I don’t think I’ll be happy till then.

The place where I was working went out of business, I was in a bind and I knew what I was getting into but I needed a job quick.
I went to work for some holy rollers who owned an RV dealership.
Ugh.

Detasseling corn when I was a teenager. It is big in the Midwest. Hot, sweaty, dirty. Pay was good for teenagers, the season mercifully short.

I worked in an Exon refinery. They produced gas, gasoline, diesel, and other stuff. The multi story tanks have to be cleaned periodically. That means using a jack hammer, and scaffolding. Very dangerous and toxic. They didn't have proper ventilation, or good air masks. Could be one of the reasons I have COPD, because I never was a smoker.

I was ther for texaco

@Marine I was working Exon in the early seventies, I would guess the working condition are better now?

nnot much as there have been over 150 deaths in the industry this year

Worst and best job ever for me...teaching at an inner city school.

An Industrial Relations gig, negotiating on behalf of the company with the various unions.
The company had recently taken over many smaller organisations and had expanded geographically. I was to be the whipping boy, push the company's unpopular agenda.
I took it on as I had experience in the industry, was known to many of the staff and had been trained by the Unions themselves. The company sucked, once I began the work they started getting unreasonable and ruthless wanting me to negotiate reductions in conditions for workers and pretty much fudge the details so it looked above board. I refused so things got heated, we came to an understanding, I handed over all my work to date and they paid me up to date. I was out of there in 5 minutes. The woman in charge was one of the biggest bitches I have met in my life.

Walmart and desperation lol

Group health insurance, informing customer about the status of their claims. A lot of crying over the phone in their side. Pretty Shitty coverage by big companies, they were not in good hands. Reloadable credit/debit cards. You will be surprised how many americans do not have banking at all or not trust a bank. Only way to pay some bills was with those "phony cards". Scams artist that target the elderly passing for nephew or grandson about to go to jail unless they purchase 500.00 debit cards x6 and provide them the numbers. Within seconds of providing those numbers the cards are used in different states. Because is a victim assisted crime there is very little law enforcement can do. You become part of other humans misery world... Not to my liking. And that is why I am happy to be retired. I am sheltered from misery around me on a daily basis. Call me Selfish.

Working the lunch shift at a pasta restaurant in a mall. Customers were always in a hurry and I ran my butt off. The lunch menu was cheaper than the dinner menu, so the tips were horrible. And if I recall, I was only making around $3 an hour. Busted my ass for hardly any money.

Can't really say I've ever had a "worst" job. At the very least all the various jobs I've had, have helped me learn so much. I've been fortunate !

I worked at, what was at the time, the world's largest beef packing plant. I trimmed short ribs,one of the easier jobs there. It took 27 seconds to trim a short rib and you did that for 8 hours a day. You wore a chain mail vest and had chain mail on the arm opposite your knife hand. Early on I missed my count, reached for it with my hook, misses and hooked the conveyer belt and a coworker had to pry my fingers off my meet hook, I couldn't let go. I lasted about three months before found a different job. Every job I've had since has seemed easy.

Working 5 years As a roofer.

Working in a women's clothing store at Christmas time and having to endure a Christmas CD that played Whams last Christmas over and over and over and over. I think I may of mentioned that in another thread somewhere. I think I lasted 2 weeks.

Sacha Level 7 Feb 3, 2018

Stoutco Steel in Indiana. I was a college student and the part-time industrial job represented good money. It was horrible repetitive work that would be done by a robot these days. The year was '77 or '78,

The woman on the machine next to me, who was working 3 part-time jobs to make ends meet, accidentally cut off half of her right hand. We were all pretty shaken by the accident. Fortunately, it ended and I went back to college but damn! That was a hard life.

Being the gigolo for so many movie actresses for so long a time. They were so selfish and could never be satisfied. Just kept saying "I'm paying you for pleasure, now lets do this again".

I believe that was a job you could have refused anytime

@Marine A man's gotta make a living someway and the pay was great. There were aspects of it that were worth what I had to endure (if you know what I mean).

All of them. I hate being a capitalist slave.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20731
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.