Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK The True People of the Amazon help save the world - CNET

Interesting article.

ballou 8 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No shit, by trying to save their forest indigenous tribes are literally doing world-saving work. Now we gotta do our part and STOP BURNING FOSSIL FUELS!!!!!!!

Now you are going to get me on my bandwagon. The recent National Geographic has a heart wrenching story about the state of indigenous tribes in parts of S. America. [nationalgeographic.com] I have several books: "Savages" by Joe Kane and "Don't Sleep there are Snakes" [theguardian.com] (this guy spoke at a FFRF convention. He went into the Amazon trying to convert the natives and came out an Atheist). I rant is there is far too much emphasis on 'diversity' (which usually means homogeneity in the end) and too little on native cultures. Those that don't embrace immigration and diversity, like the Japanese, are condemned as being too egotistical. This is wrong. Native cultures are important in their own right and need to be preserved. I fear the day we all become alike and the computer and cell phones are accelerating that process.

Not if they cut the rain forest.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:208336
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.