Agnostic.com

6 2

Geez, Agnostic's advertisements pop up everywhere now. I just saw the ad in my Messenger a minute ago.

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was on a sudoku app when this site was recommended to me

I guess the site is getting popular now, so other ones are trying to pop up.

Privacy Badger 🙂

[eff.org]

I think once you express interest in an ad (or amazon, google, etc ...) the algorithm increases frequency in advertising the initial product and any other similar ones. It is very annoying, and doesn't take into account purchases, so even if you do buy that left-hand nostril inhaler with your state emblem on it (ty GC, we really miss you) you'll still see ads for it long after you've received it. Just really clunky, traditional mass shotgun marketing done with ones and zeros instead of ink because no one understands how the internet actually is supposed to work.

I have never seen an ad or I just did not pay attention it but I also have an ad blocker in my browser.

I see them all the time on Facebook.

So do I.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20950
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.