Agnostic.com

19 0

Are you politically involved?

Curious about members activism in politics.
Add a comment for why or why not you are involved.

• 8 votes
  • 17 votes
  • 6 votes
JeffLemar 5 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes I believe we should vote.

I believe in voting, so I say yes.

I’m a conservative member of the NRA, National Cattlemans Beef Association, Oklahoma Cattlemans association, Cattle Fax and a strong Trump Supporter. I’ve only voted for 1 democrat president in my lifetime, Carter and I regretted that.

Belong to two local Democratic clubs here in MO. Used to be a delegate to the CA State convention and a member of the Riverside Co Democratic Central Committee. I also belonged to several caucus'.

I have been since 73, I voted for McGovern and voted for Bernie Sanders. I am a proud Progressive..

I should view the Terms of Service concerning foul language because I am sorely tempted to use it when it comes to this subject. Within the last handful of elections from municipal to federal, not one candidate in my riding has done anything to earn my vote. They're just placeholders. The parties they represent are either corporate lackeys or ideological fanatics. The fringe parties are worse. I'm thinking that politics is a sort of social flypaper that attracts the corrupt and incompetent.

I write my elected officials and vote Democrat

Try Resistbot on Facebook or text Resist to 50409. The bot will lead you through the process and identify your elected officials to contact. I get reply letters from my Rep.

Being a Marylander, I have the Capital in backyard. I get all up in it.

I’d have needed a box that included the first two in order to vote, here 🙂 It’s not as much enjoying politics as it is motivating and educating others.. It’s not all that fun researching, writing, walking, knocking, talking, painting, planting & removing signs, attending forums, shaking hands, carrying signs, cold-calling, gathering petition signatures, passing out literature…

Unfortunately, it’s no longer enough to simply ‘vote,’ while others are $pending millions (and million$) to influence or confuse those who’ll mindlessly erace yours.. Very early I learned the importance of Atheism; shortly thereafter - the necessity to become politically involved in order to safely advance it.

Varn Level 8 Feb 4, 2018

Yeah, I love to put Dems in their place. So many are clueless, they call Trump a rascist with out any evidence - which makes them the rascist!

gater Level 7 Feb 4, 2018

Bahahaha. What a specimen!

@EllenDale lol right - Im no sheep

I am not just politically active, but politically knowledgeable. I also know the Constitution and how it applies to our governmental functions as much as anyone who is not a Constitutional lawyer or scholar can. It bothers me that so few of the electorate spend some time to enlighten themselves, while the majority merely go by what they hear and see in the media.

George Washington predicted that a party system would divide the country, and unfortunately, he was right. I wish we could just discuss individual issues rather than so many people feeling like they have to subscribe to a certain set of positions, and cheer their team on no matter who they are or what they're doing like it's as inconsequential as a football team. Many people have actually died from the effects of bad policies. This isn't a game where the source of fun is team loyalty. This is life or death, and all the trimmings that determine whether life is worth living.

I vote.

Voting is a right we all have from the age of 18. It is something we should all take seriously, learn about the platform, and policies your local, state and national politicians are backing. Get involved in some way. Even though Trump lost the popular vote it was a very low turn out and we ended up the Conservatives running everything. You know what happen the last time that happened, The Great Depression and it lasted for around 10 years.

I was very vocal on Facebook and I've convinced many to vote for Trump!

gater Level 7 Feb 4, 2018

Agreed with diabhal.While I am very far from being a Trump fan, I respect that you were out there talking to people, getting people involved.

I say bad things about Republicans on Twitter I also attend town hall meetings candidates campaign stops and send money to my favorites but I think it's that Twitter thing that really has them scared.

The political arena is the most important impact on everyone's lives. It distresses me when I hear of people who can't see that politics has anything to do with them, their futures, their families and friends...

A big No.... on Phase III of my life, it is about Me, Me and Me. You live yours to the fullest of your desires. Just like I do live mine. No politics on Phase III.

I worked with the Obama campaign and I am a contributor to the local democratic party.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20994
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.