Agnostic.com

13 3

Does Nunes pose a conflict of interest?

Nunes has partially released research his clerks have assembled on the Russian probe, yet the probe by the House Intelligence committee is not complete. Does that now put him in the untenable position of conflict of interest, or at the very least, the inability to be partial to the committee to which he is chairman? Should he recuse himself or should he continue?

EllenDale 7 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In this administration, having a massive conflict of interest goes right at the very top of your resume.

@Nebroxah Yes, as well as being born, bred, and dwelling in an undrainable swamp.

Yes, he and everyone else in the current administration pose a conflict of interest. I'm going to go even further: they are criminally treasonous and should be prosecuted as traitors along with all the other charges. I think they are actively trying to dismantle our rights and freedoms (attacks against the media, fake news, attacks against the judicial system, attacks against everyone who disagrees with them, encouraging divisiveness, racism, bigotry, violence). In my opinion, they are consciously and actively trying to eliminate the Constitution and change the US into a dictatorship.

marga Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

It surely seems like that! He was joking--tweeting is the new presidential official site for legislation. So which is It? Official or joking?

Wordy Walt is right Nunes has done nothing but try to block a legitimate investigation. Trying to diminish the integrity of the FBI and DOJ to raise Trump and his comrades to any legitimacy is laughable. Really, let's believe the grifter in chief over Robert Mueller, who Trump appointed and Rosenstein who Trump appointed and he said he had all this faith in these guys then they do their job and now he's against them. Maybe he thinks they broke their loyalty pledge to him. Carter Page was being investigated long before the Steele Dossier came out. Fiza courts need more than one piece of evidence to grant a warrant. Funny how the tables turn from the Republicans being the party of law and order when the investigation is of them. Can you imagine if Obama had all these ties to Russia?

Oh, just had a person tell me with a straight face, that Obama is part of the ISIS terrorists and when I asked, she said, no, he wasnt born in Hawaii. When I asked for proof, she couldn't supply any. It is the first time I have actually walked away from a difference of opinion because the person is too stupid to talk to. SMMFH

He should be indicted

He IS a conflict of interest posing as a politician.

He should continue until all the corruption from the DNC and the DOJ are uncovered! We've just seen the tip of the iceberg.

gater Level 7 Feb 5, 2018

Well, do you mean he should continue until the end of the probe and if it shows corruption post it for all to see? I AGREE! But if he investigates 10% and shows 2%, what does it prove? So far what portion that was released proves none of the contentions on the right or the left.

@EllenDale There's more to come

It isn't a conflict of interest to support 45. The way he is doing it is transparently biased.
It doesn't matter if he continues or not. He is not helping his own cause.

I fear he'll cut off his nose to spite his face, but if he's prejudicial enough to release only supporting info, is he unbiased enough to continue chairing the House probe in order to support his contentions?

@EllenDale I'm old, so I remember the Watergate investigation being fairly un contentious. Now everything seems to be based on being able to go on TV to say "There side-BAD!"

@phil21 That's the difference, human respect. There was but there isn't now. I'm looking forward to Melania's settlement in the divorce (cuz
there will be one). I hope SHE didn't sign a prenup spelling out how to opt out of marriage after 5 years (see Marla Maples). Nice Christian way to marry! P.S. I was around and cognizant during Watergate. Remember (and who is remniscient of these words?):

Nixon immediately retreated into a defensive, lying posture, back from the podium and arms crossed in dont. Bahahaga

@EllenDale how were you around when you are Zero years old?

Yes! He should be investigated for obstruction and prosecuted just like all those other traitors.

marga Level 7 Feb 5, 2018

Should he finish the job he has as chairmnan or should he be allowed to target info for his own agenda? In other words, when does he become ineffectual in the job he was assigned in the name of the American people?

@EllenDale He was ineffectual in his job the moment he became a traitor.

Yes. He is an avid Trump supporter and has politiczed the committee he is change of instead of working for the interests of all Americans.

How can he do that if the American people are split, with his ilk making up only 35% of the population? Do we ignore that many people?

@EllenDale The intelligence committee is supposed to operate non-politically and be bipartisan. The memo shoes the committee is corrupted with politics, when it should operate above any political differences.

I am just waiting for all the information to be released, so we can have intelligent discussion.

I think it's too late for that. If that were possible, we wouldn't have that scumbag 45 in the White House.

SANER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN WRITTEN! 🍺 and 🍕 all around at @Leutrelle's place!

@KKGator Its never too late for facts to come out. We've waited over a year for the facts to be gathered and revealed. It's like the minority-elected presidents' #MeToo victims--our day will come

@EllenDale One can hope. My cynicism seems to have gotten the better of me.

@KKGator lol

After the superbowl... politics full steam ahead.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Did the team you were cheering for win?

@EllenDale I wore Bacardi colors... I posted a picture in a few posts... I didn't even had a drink. I only drink in special occasions and super bowl not of them. I didn't saw the ending I was here posting.

Nunes's behavior is more than a conflict of interest. It is an unconstitutional and illegal attempt to deter and block a totally legitimate -- and constitutionally critical-- investigation. He should be prosecuted along with Trump.

@Wordywalt. Write your Member of Congress!

@Wordywalt He is being investigated

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21248
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.