Agnostic.com

8 3

Have you ever talked obsessively about a subject just so you could hear the different opinions rather good or bad about it?

I don’t know if it is just the way the brain works, but I’ve found myself doing this plenty of times. I guess at some point I was just wanting to hear different opinions about a subject so I can hear the good or bad points of view of it that way I can continue to challenge my knowledge and become more educated about different things.

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have tendency to do this at times,hopefully its not too dramatic and annoying

My poor wife is like that...lol.

I do that a lot. Or make preposterous statements to stir the pot. Sometimes it backfires but generally it moves the conversation to areas beyond the platitudes. I hate the Land of Platitudes.

No really obsessively but I was pointy enough to get few reactions. The sabjects were many...religion, death penalty, abortion, nudism...

Only if I know nothing about a subject..just to get things rolling..kinda like a devils advocate..

No, because that will make me obsessive but challenging your knowledge is good but different opinions do not necessary educate you... it may confuse you more. So be careful. You may end up being that "odd person" always with a theme nobody wants to discuss. Pick your fights wisely.

It depends on the audience. When I am with people that I consider smart and I will do that in order to gain some more knowledge and a different point of view. If I am around people that are close minded, than I do not.

There’s no point to gain knowledge from a box of rocks.

you would be amazed what you can learn from.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21279
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.