Agnostic.com

8 6

One thing I enjoy about this site is that many regulars are from towns I've never heard of before now. I like looking the towns up on Wikipedia, then finding them on Google Earth and having a look round places I'll probably never visit - a good way to waste an hour or two!

Jnei 8 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thats a creative idea. might jot down some of my favorites and google earth. I also have large world map and I could put a pin in the various places if the towns aren't to small. What ever I do it will be fun🙂

Can you see through windows with Google Earth?

The NSA might be able to🙂

OMG I thought I was the only one who did that!

I just had a quick look around Aberdeen - looks like a nice town, but my word the locals have a lot of pick-up trucks!

Yeah, the winters can be brutal and you'll want a 4 Wheel Drive vehicle, but mostly in town, it's idiots who want to look "country" and drive their pick up trucks around blaring stadium country music gag - Aberdeen is very boring and very...flat.

I love to browse on Google maps. I look up places I used to live to see how they have changed (I've moved 23 time in my life.) I look up places I think I want to visit one day to see what is around. Yeah, great escape when you have nothing more pressing. My grandfather used to look at a road atlas the same way.

Your the only person I know that moved more than, but I am close🙂

@Leutrelle I hope I don't move again for a long time. I've been in my house about 6 years, so in some ways I feel like it is time....

Look up Texarkana. It's nestled half in Texas and half in Arkansas. I'm pretty sure you haven't heard of it, being from the UK and all. Btw, do most British people idolize the queen?

Texarkana is quite well-known - I've certainly heard of it, though I couldn't tell you anything about it. There are certainly some British people who idolise the queen, but I think for the majority of people she and her family are just an amusement these days. Personally, I'd like to see the monarchy abolished.

@Jnei why would you know about texarkana?

@btroje I dunno - it's just a place I've heard of several times, so it must get mentioned in books or films or on television quite a lot.

@Jnei @btroje Queen of the Damned... Anne Rice... a scene with girls to be selected, one was from Texarkana. I believe.

I've always loved maps.

I can spend hours looking at maps just as I can spend hours reading a book. 🙂

Stalker alert!!!!!! 😉

Does anyone else feel like someone's staring at them all of a sudden?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21337
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.