Agnostic.com

8 17

Thanksgiving Finger Puppets

When my daughter was 6-1/2, we made finger puppets for Thanksgiving. I made the hair, bodies and clothing. Claire choose colors for the yarn hair and the Indian girl's headband and beads. She drew the mouths with a felt pen.

To research, I took Claire to the library and introduced her to the Research desk. Together we looked up Mayflower pilgrim and Native American dress in the year 1621. Copied drawings.

Glad I saved them.This is how I decorate the table for Thanksgiving. Sweet memories.

Today I sent these photos to Claire, 28, asked if she remembers making these finger puppets. She replied:

"Of course I remember! So many amazing memories with you ❤️❤️ I want to have those forever!!"

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just love that you are also so creative....I need to spend a week with you...we share so many similar things! wow! Claire is a special one....

@thinktwice

I wish we lived closer. We would be great friends.

Thank you for your kind words. Hugs to you.

I love special memories like these! It really is the little things in life that bring the most happiness.

Your daughter was lucky.

@Mitch07102

Thank you. I feel lucky to have Claire in my life. Claire is happy and healthy.

Claire is such a lovely name. It's my stedaughter's middle name. I'm so glad that your daughter acknowledges and appreciates these memories.

Claire means "clear and bright" in French. She loves her name.

I'm curious what you used for the bodies? I'm thinking toilet paper rolls would work? They are adorable!

@Jama765

To make them stand up, I stuffed the bodies with tissue paper.

That is one of the best things about having adult kids, remember all the fun stuff from their childhood.

I’m sure she delighted to see them every thanksgiving.

Don't do Thanksgiving over here but they do look cool 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:213535
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.