Agnostic.com

21 1

What's the 1 piece of advice you would give someone about life?

Dannh 4 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Life isn't fair, the universe owes you nothing, and complaining about it doesn't change anything. So be your own advocate, work hard to achieve your goals, take the risks worth taking. But be kind to others along the way. Prioritizing your own needs doesn't mean it has to come at the expense of being helpful, friendly, and charitable toward others.

Nice words.

Don't take it too seriously. Everyone else will do that for you.

Live life to the fullest and do no harm. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Feb 6, 2018

Spend less time online and DO more. My advice to myself today. See you later 😉

Do what feels right to you not what you think you should do. Also, always listen to that little voice in your head.

Kim78 Level 4 Feb 6, 2018

Learn an instrument

have fun. none of us are getting out alive

Don't worry or concern yourself about things you have absolutely no control over.

Don't be in a hurry; life happens quick enough. And those other things.

That our emotions do not define us; our thoughts do. And (here's the big part) we have the power to reject the thoughts that don't suit us and think new ones.

My life changed immeasurably for the better when I figured that out.

Always look on the bright side of it,
live it so that on your deathbed you can look back and have no regrets.

It's okay to feel whatever you're feeling. It's how you manage it that makes all the difference.

Get a degree.

be real and not fake.

Enjoy it..

Ambiguity is the only absolute. Dichotomies serve no purpose. Be skeptical of everyone but be respectful as well. If you have an opinion you're probably wrong if you know the facts you can't have an opinion.

There is always tomorrow. And there is never a "last train" until the "last train".

My Mom would have disagreed with you. Tomorrow never comes, there is only today. Be as happy as you can and don't hurt anyone. Tomorrow is just as dream once you past midnight it's today. 🙂

@Betty I can relate to that... but there is the poor spirit that see the world ending in front of his/her eyes as if tomorrow will never be there. Like right Now... was Tomorrow Yesterday right?

@GipsyOfNewSpain

Yesterday is "always" in the "past". Tomorrow is "always" in the "future". Today is in the "present" and is all we have. Live for today for tomorrow is promised to no one.

To answer your question. Tomorrow can and will "never" be yesterday.

@Betty I can tell you the real life story that happened in a sports radio station after a basketball event and a Puerto Rican player was interviewed despite not much command of english and when asked when was his next game he said.... tomorrow no, tomorrow no, tomorrow no... Tomorrow. That happened over a half a century ago... I still remember as if yesterday no, yesterday no, yesterday no... today.... but yeah... I can only live the present... is all I have to live.

@GipsyOfNewSpain

That's a funny story, a unique way to say four days from now. Thanks for sharing that.

With so many languages it can be difficult to navigate through a conversation. I wonder if sign language would be a better choice for an international language. If all children were taught sign language as their second language all over the world then in a few generations we would have a shared way to communicate with fewer misunderstandings. Just a thought.

Love the responses. Some well written thought out comments, thank you everyone.

Dannh Level 4 Feb 6, 2018

Follow your bliss..do what makes you happy.
For instance, if you love to play tennis..play tennis! If you love to travel, don't wait for retirement..you don't know for sure you'll be able to do so in old age.

Never eat yellow snow ?

Above all else, to thine own self be true.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21468
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.