Agnostic.com

1 4

A late good morning U.K. and America today, ive been busy watching Audrey Hepburn, Shirley MacLaine and James Garner in "The Children's Hour" which used to be a radio programme on the BBC when I was a child.
Today I bring you the singer who put Portugal into official mourning for days when she died - Amália Rodrigues

Browser translation- This video is a tribute to the Queen of Fado: Amália Rodrigues. This song is very beautiful, just like the poem. This song portrays the Portuguese fatalism that is ultimate. I hope you enjoy and comment. If a seagull came Bring me the sky of lisbon In the drawing that made, In that sky where the gaze Is a wing that does not fly, It dies and falls in the sea. What a perfect heart In my chest, My love in your hand, In that hand where it fit My heart perfect. If a Portuguese sailor, Of ??the seven seas wanderer, Who knows the first To tell me what he invented, If a look of new brilliance In my gaze was entwined. What a perfect heart In my chest, My love in your hand, In that hand where it fit My heart perfect. If by saying goodbye to life The birds all of heaven, Give me farewell Your last look, That look that was only yours, Love that you were the first. What a perfect heart I'd die on my chest, My love on your hand, In that perfect hand, Where my heart beat.
FrayedBear 9 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@GipsyOfNewSpain @Chicagojcb @Duke @psycheworks @Or-Humanist @hlfsousa
And any other lovers of folk or traditional music please let me know so that I can add you to the list for next time.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21474
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.