Agnostic.com

4 0

Conflicted

We are all driven by something. Some of us are driven by more than one idea, believe in living in 2 very opposing ways. Do you ever find your beliefs don't match the life you are living?

PhillipLee77 5 Nov 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Inconsistency and incoherency drive us to revise our perceptions, understandings, and beliefs to be closer to reality. Or should, anyway.

I have done that a number of times when my beliefs didn't accurately explain or predict lived experience, most notably when I left the Christian faith.

Conflicted is my natural state. If I'm not conflicted, I start looking around for what's wrong, or missing ...

@TheAstroChuck A mediocre therapist once told me something I already knew, but I liked his succinctness: “Guilt serves absolutely no useful purpose!”

As a young man I had very little. We were very poor but both my parents worked. Later I am poor and trying to raise a family. I was always frugal though and my mother knew how to pinch pennies. Today I am a bleeding heart liberal but I will not loan you any money. If I did that I would have no money. Yes, I'm conflicted.

No, I don't think I ever have, but I can see how it would happen and be possible to be conflicted. It might happen to me at some point in my life, but hopefully I can avoid it. I guess it's a thin line though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:214807
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.