Agnostic.com

10 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The quick and easy answer to all of this is....

IT WAS THE DEVIL WHO DID IT!

If god is all powerful... and I was created in his image... how come he doesn't force me to believe?

He has self confidence?

God certainly doesn’t seem to especially spare places of worship or people inside, that much seems to be true. It used to be so that people would seek sanctuary inside churches but I think that was more to shelter from human enemies who feared the reach of the Catholic Church, back in the Middle Ages.

There is a long history of places of worship being considered safe places where enemies would not fight no matter what the religion. This was my way of highlighting that that is a man made idea.

It is amazing to me there are 7 comments about the video here and only five views of the video. One of them is a long atheist friend that watched me build the channel. I would appreciate it if folks would actually watch it before making comments. I do appreciate the input I get here.

how can there be a place of god if there is no god to start with? the question presumes that there is a god. i don't know if the other end of the link makes the same presumption because i rarely click through if the title is as troublesome as this one is. i mean, if that really is the question, the answer is simple: no.

g

My channel is directed at Christians in order to get their views, in order to promote thought. So my titles are very difficult to come up with, without alienateing them before they actually click on the video.

@DavidLaDeau okay. i guess i am not the intended audience, then. not only am i am atheist, i have never been a christian.

g

@genessa Actually I do appreciate your input. Your review that I asked for really encouraged me to up my game! I did take your thoughts into account. Thank you!

@DavidLaDeau well, while i didn't mean them to be UNhelpful, i am slightly surprised that they're helpful, but glad that they were lol

g

@genessa You were the most critical I have yet had. So I actually was able to learn something!

In this Video I tried to make a point without being "in your face" towards believers like many other YouTubers, How did I do?

To accept that a "house of worship" is in any way god's hangout is to make every church that's the location of a mass killing (whether by humans or weather or whatever) an indictment of god as the absent, indifferent, unavailable, neglectful parent-figure he'd have to be.

Fortunately for me I don't have to deal with the anger, disappointment, sense of betrayal or bitterness that many of his "children" do, because I have no basis to think it remotely likely there's any sort of benevolent, interventionist deity in charge of anything.

There is no god. Hence there are no places of god. They are just buildings.

All it is old community gathering with a fairy tale theme.

Since there is no evidence, facts or data to support the existence of any god(s), and hence there is no god(s), then there can be no places of god(s) or any non-existent entity.

Not if there is no god.

That was indeed the point of the video.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:215027
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.