Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK How to Help Loved Ones with PTSD

8 helpful tips to help a person cope with PTSD

jondspen 7 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

not a bad article though it assumes a few things that are not necessarily true, such as that the person with ptsd won't get help or isn't getting help. in addition, not all of us have nightmares -- or got our ptsd from being in the military. i got mine at least partly from awakening in the middle of eye surgery when i was three years old.

g

Yea...but it came from a veteran's site, so that's probably why it takes a vets slant on it. I was going to put in ServiceMembersHangout, but felt it was too important to limit to just that group.

As far as your PTSD, I can't even imagine how freaked out that must have been, esp at that age.

@jondspen it has affected my life profoundly. i am working on it. the kicker is, probably no one knew, even at the time, that it happened. i was probably given more paralytic rather than more anesthesia, if i moved or anything. that's the usual reaction. but i remember it as if i were three years old and seeing that scalpel (to a baby, that's a needle) coming at my eye.

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:215330
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.