Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Desperate Residents of Austin Surrounded by Texas | The New Yorker

I really love the headlines of Andy Borowitz;s satirical articles.

snytiger6 9 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The only time I ever entered into Texas, was when I changed planes at the airport.

On the brighter side, early votign in Texas has already exceeded total voting for the last midterms four years ago. A large voter turnout almost always favors the left wing.

If I had to live in Texas, Austin is where I would be. Living near Killeen was bad enough.

My son's best friend is there. My first reaction was what is a black man doing there? Apparently it is, as stated, an island of civility in a sea of red agony.

I sent this to an atheist, Democrat friend who live in Dallas. Bruce will love it.

Love Andy Borowitz!

Bruce began his Plenty of Fish profile with:

"Hey, all you Metroplex ladies.........

"Here goes to putting it "out there." So, let's just get this one out of the way: DEAL BREAKER ALERT!!!! IF you voted for Trump or respect his "values"..............please, do us both a favor and pass me by. If you carry a pistol, please pass me by. I realize that I'm fishing in an area where ladies who believe like me are in the decided minority. But I'm ever hopeful." 🙂

"Spiritually, I'm a committed atheist/secular humanist. I do not desire to be someone's conversion "project." Just so you know, my first degree was in Theology (1972) and I was a Baptist/Evangelical lay minister for 25+ years, so I've heard it all having "preached" it all. I went back to university in 1998 to earn a second Bachelors degree and a Masters degree in Social Work."

Me too. Houston is an island in a conservative Teas.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:215644
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.