Agnostic.com

28 3

What do you consider to be the greatest nation on earth if you had to choose?

Ok shallow I know but you aren't allowed to pick your own. I've travelled a lot and got the chance to work in Cuba for a few months when I was young. Of course I haven't travelled everywhere so it's highly selective but I'm still giving my vote to Cuba. The people were the friendliest and most open to debate and reason I've ever met. Palestine came a close second for similar reasons.

diabhal 7 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmmm... tough choice between Bhutan and Norway. Or possibly Australia, except that there's lots of deadly animals there. Any of the Scandinavian countries would do, but I would choose Norway specifically for ancestral reasons. All that considered, I'm gonna pick Bhutan.

A friend of mine once danced with the crown prince of Bhutan. There aren't many people who can say that!

mr trump will be disappointed

I can't believe all of you are ready to flee to another country. America is a great place. It's currently fucked up because of the orange one. But you should all be fighting to change things not letting Trump goons chase you out. I remember when free thinking people fraught for this land of ours. I personally was clubbed in Dc July 4th 1970 in a protest I wonder how many here didn't vote? How many called your senators when those right wing asses tried to end Obamacare? I've done a lot of traveling and I can assure you, the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. Wake up people.Listen to all of you yelling uncle! Shame on you.

I get where you are coming from and I grew up loving my country while distrusting the government but America's problem pre-date trump. He has made us a laughing stock but so did Bush Jr. The graft and corruption has been there for a long long time.

IMO, America stopped being great when we started meddling in other country's affairs in order to secure their raw materials for OUR way of life.

We brought "democracy" to country's rich with oil or other resources but ignore ones that have nothing we want.

@SherryMartin I agree that it started way before Trump. All Trump has done is bring back McCarthy ism. But my comments are about fight or flight. I'm not a flag waver. In fact early on in my life I supported some flag burning. What I was hearing here is people submitting to a terrible political environment and wishing they can leave.

why would i want to be in the usa? i find it stifling enough as it is in australia. i'd rather go back to germany.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.