Agnostic.com

1 1

Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes

I have a few friends who have adopted vegan/vegetarian eating habits & claim it's been great for them. Just wanted to get some tips & recipe ideas since I'm trying to transition that way.

Any specific ideas on how to maintain variety, but also a decent level & balance of protein to other nutrients? I go to the gym regularly & don't want by blood sugar to drop is all.

Plus, I'd love to hear your stories, insight, etc!

Decieven 7 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's actually not that difficult to maintain a healthy intake of protein on a vegan diet because so much vegan food contains chickpeas, lentils, quinoa, edamame etc.

I've got a lovely recipe for vegan lasagne somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it out and share it on here.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 21, 2018

@Decieven There are loads of vegan recipes for stuff like that! Really delicious veggie pies, pasta dishes, Indian dishes, thick stews and casseroles and plenty more! I was vegan for ten years and the only thing I missed was cheese - apart from that, I was able to find satisfying replacements for everything I enjoyed when I ate meat (I'm vegetarian now because I really love cheese 🙂 )

@Decieven Your profile pic is great, by the way - was it taken at a Colour Run?

@Decieven Vegan cheese is a lot better than it used to be and some of the better varieties could even be described as nice, but they just don't deliver the hit you need when you're craving a cheese fix!

@Decieven Oh, I see! Colour Run was partly inspired by Holi, I seem to recall 🙂 Anything made of almonds is good!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21704
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.