Agnostic.com

6 13

All set for the Democrat election watch party

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Looking good there ?

"You win the best shirt prize tonight," three women said at the Democrat election watch party.

"I saved this T-shirt for Election Day," I replied, laughing. "Tonight was the unveiling." Laughter.

"Thank you," I said, smiling, and left feeling exhausted.

Always a positive, pleasant, enjoyable message in your posts!
Avoiding the news now, but hoping the smiles continue through the evening.

@RPardoe

Thank you so much! This picture was impromptu, heading out to watch election results.

Democrats won the majority in the House of Representatives!

A knuckle-biter in our Republican- gerrymandered District 8 of Washington State:

Dr. Kim Schrier, Democrat, is beating slimeball and three-time election loser Dino Rossi, Republican, 55% to 45% so for the national House of Representatives. Rossi is a Trump supporter who ran for governor twice, and lost.

We worked hard campaigning for Dr. Kim Schrier in conservative, rural Eastern Washington. Fingers crossed.

To celebrate, I'm sipping a wee bit o' whiskey.

@LiterateHiker I'm sipping a lot of wine to commiserate here in Texas.

At least one Dem is heading to the House (go Libby), but not my district, so modest cheer.

@RPardoe

I know. I so much wanted Beto O'Rourke to win! Beto O'Rourke is a national hero.

Democrats, including children, loudly booed slimeball Ted Cruz when his picture appeared on TV.

@LiterateHiker At least I got to enjoy Triumph's "interview" with Cruz. Cruz tried to blame the democrats for removing Triumph's balls. Triumph responds he is all for spaying and neutering just like Trump did to him (Cruz). Cruz tried to smile (well, he always tries and never succeeds) but his face did drop at the zinger.

@RPardoe

Love your sense of humor! I assume "Triumph" means "Trump"?

@LiterateHiker Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

@LiterateHiker Strange....works for me, but changed the link to the shorter form to see if it helps.

Glad you could find it. Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Meets Beto and Cruz is the title for anyone else who needs to search YouTube.

@RPardoe

You had me at "Lying Ted Cruz!"

Hilarious! Can I get a date with Triumph the Insult Comic Dog? I'm in love.

@LiterateHiker I can't help but think the Cruz supporters are thinking they are calling Ted a LION? He is Teddie, hear him roar?

but I do think Robert Smigel (the comedian behind Triumph) is pretty fast on his feet with the ad-libs and lines. Great stuff. Removes some, but not all of the sting on the TX results.

I am finding joy in some of the other national races. Kim Davis - out. Kobach - out. Walker - might be out.

Looks good (as you always do!), the T-shit is cool too! ?

@Barnie2years

Thank you! Looks like I'm winking with hair falling over my eye. Hope I have something to wink about when we know the election results.

@LiterateHiker not sounding to promising at the moment. Good luck.

@LiterateHiker Not looking as good as I was hoping! ☹️At least Pennsylvania has done pretty well so far. Kept our Democratic Governor and Senator. In fact it looks like the Blue Wave is turning more into a wave of governors going Democrat. US congress, not so much.

Love that shirt! Apropos!

Me to, let's hope we're in a celebratory mood at the night's end.......

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:217320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.