Agnostic.com

32 6

Who Were You In High School?

I was a loner who got along with everyone. I liked everyone so much that I never wanted to sit with any group of people and seem bias. Strange, but true. In essence, I was popular for my choice. If that makes any sense. I miss my high school years and everyone I went to school with.

SleeplessInTexas 8 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wasn't a nerd, but I did play 1st string trumpet (band geek) in our military marching band, sang Alto in choir, was a member of SADD, teacher's pet, worked the school front office as a student assistant, did volunteer work with the local city K9 unit, was recognised by our city mayor for some of my work... I did not go to my high school prom, but I did go to the after-hours party that night.

I guess I was a 'closet nerd'!

I was a quiet one who could draw really well, or so I was told. I only had a few close friends, but got along with everyone if they gave me the chance. I could have done really well but I was never pushed to succeed, so I was just average. I didn't party and didn't have sex, but I had a lot of laughs with friends. I miss them most of all.

I was a loner for the most part. My parents were rather poor and cared more about their drinking habit than what I was doing and it resulted in me having low self esteem, which I grew out of while in the military. I hung out with other people who also had broken homes. We joked and laughed all the time. I guess it was our way of escaping reality. We all survived and became productive members of society.

High School wasnt to long ago for me, and I have grown a ton. But I was a bfg or a big friendly giant. I was quiet never went to dances. The only thing extra I did was play football. I had a small group of friends but it seemed most people knew me and were friendly.

I guess a burnout? Idk i never really payed enough attention to other ppl and their cliques i didnt even realize how big a thing it was to some people until later in life.

I was mostly an introvert during HS but always tried to overcome the anxiety. I had 2 friends I could trust and a couple of cool classmates I could spend time with. I was not a nerd but achieved high grades in almost all school subjects. Everyone was telling me that I'm good at learning foreign languages. I think it's true. I used to learn languages with the help of word games. This made me feel more comfortable when traveling abroad to learn and live. I've already been to one HS reunion, and I would not mind going back for one. I would have a lot to tell, and I would be interested in my classmates' stories.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:217725
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.