Agnostic.com

28 4

All my FB friends know I'm an atheist, yet I'm always getting invited to churches. I just got another one from a friend I've known IRL for 16 years... Anybody else get this kind of crap all the time?

jayneonacobb 7 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, I was going to my cousins funeral, his daughter and I are really close but when we went to walk into the church, she stepped back and I said " what are you doing", she replied "I don't want to be too close to you when you burst into flames." lmao!

I’ve got a friend who repeatedly ask me to go to church with him. I showed him some pictures and he has left me alone since.

They all want to save your damned soul.

Duke Level 8 Feb 7, 2018

Yes, they have been told that they will be saved that way themselves. Just selfish.

I think you need to move to Europe 😉 I've never been invited to go to church, unless for a wedding or funeral 😀

I like my guns quite a bit, I don't think I'd be a good fit over the other side of the pond.

When I lived in Texas, “What church do you go to?” was pretty much in the top 3 questions asked of me when getting to know someone for the first time. Then, the inevitable looks on their faces when I said, “We don’t go to church.” Like I was some demonic lesbian witch out to eat their babies. It was fun.

@jayneonacobb aaahh, yeah now that could be a problem 😀 You can own an air-rifle, if that helps?

@Breathe I can imagine that attitude possibly 80 years ago and it might still be that way in some very remote and rural parts but it's such a weird thing to ask a person in any town or city.

They have a conversion agenda. Just politely refuse, but ask them to join you at the atheists’ convention in OKLAHOMA.

Perhaps they're simply fond of you and it's their way of trying to include you?

They are only doing what they are instructed to do and feel that it is in your best interest to become a believer. If they already know you are an A-theist, just say "no, thank you" and let it drop.

Proselytizing is a thing unfortunately. They kind have to do it to be a "good" believer. It's a step up from torture and execution.

yes... I get religious stuff posted to me all the time. It is their groove... they need you to believe so they can either feel better or claim they saved you... I nod and smile a lot. That new mute feature is aces. 30 days of peace from a few of them at a time!

not so much because I eventually get rude

I go sometimes ( weddings and funerals) in the hope of bursting into flames and being done, once and for all. It never happens. From my experience, I can tell you that religion is not as highly contagious as you may fear. It is not a big deal.
Spinliesel

Oh, I know, I volunteer at my dad's church on occasion. I'm not going to go back to god, I've been an atheist for 22 years.

mostly when I lived in alabama

I don’t bother telling my friends I’m an atheist. So they do not waste time inviting me to church or any other religious event.they may say something that asks me to pray for something. I usually ignore those unless they are directed at me.

Tell them you will go if "the man of honor" makes himself visible and personally invites you. If he can do all things he should at least be able to do that.

Of course. I did it before I became educated.

Constantly. I simply scroll past them.

When something good would happen to me, my now ex-girlfriend would always tell me that I should thank God, even-though she knew my stance on religion. Religion is a rigid programming of the human mind.

hmmm
this past xmas was the worst, the number of religious events I was invited to was crazy.

Yes. Only my ex. Still trying to trying to get me to church from 2000 miles away. Laughable.

Not me so much, but my 16 yr old daughter gets that a lot. One of her long time friends kept on and on. She finally says I really don't believe in God!!! So of course they are praying for her now lol!

Doesn't Jehovah knock on your door every Sunday or there about in the laundry room or where ever telling the way with a magazine or a pamphlet to the road of salvation. Invite them to Beer Bash and after a few see what they have to say or who they start going after.

Tell them you will go if "the man of honor" makes himself visible and personally invites you. If he can do all things he should at least be able to do that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21814
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.