Agnostic.com

20 6

What's your favorite sandwich?

I just ate the most delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich I've had in years! It was Teddy's pb with locally made organic strawberry jam on 2 slices of my wife's whole wheat bread. Yum!

GuitarDoctor 7 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love the gourmet burgers at Red Robin restaurants. I like a good PB&J sandwich too

Portillo's Italian beef.
When I visit family in Connecticut, I visit the Italian bakery and get a grinder.

1. whole wheat bread + turkey + hummus + carrots + alfalfa sprouts. Also makes a great wrap

2. rustic bread + avocado + swiss cheese + fried egg

3. multigrain toast + chives flavored cream cheese + smoked salmon + fresh dill + flaked dry oregano

What I call the Triple-A sandwich. You start with either sourdough French bread or one of the seeded breads and put mayo on one side, honey dijon mustard on the other. Put a slice of pepper jack down on the mustard side with a thick slice of purple onion on top. Spread avocado on the mayo side and top it with slices of artichoke heart and spears of asparagus. Add a slice of muenster cheese, tomato and you have a great sandwich.

Open faced; Take bread of your choice,plenty of butter,sliced Tomato's, salt and pepper to taste, Cheese of your choice,in the oven broiler (watch, as it may char) the Tomato juices combine with the cheese and butter,a gooey sandwich but good. Better with knife and fork.

BLT,fresh made,with a thick slice of Tomato on rye bread, or Turkey,Bacon,and Avocado sandwich on wheat bread.

I don't have a favorite. I like all kinds of sandwiches.

I love a good turkey club. Or chicken parm on an Italian roll... No, wait. Thick-cut corned beef on rye with mustard, from Katz's Deli in NYC. Yummy.

Roast beef

Favourite..JS banana butties

There are a lot of sandwiches that I really like. Pastrami, Reuben, blackened chicken, monte cristo, and of course a good burger. My favorite though? Probably a French Dip. Damn... love those things!

something simple
Peanut Butter and Banana on whole wheat bread

Depends on if it's hot or cold and who makes it. My favorites change by my mood and the weather.

Oyster and roast beef poboy with pepper Jack cheese and gravy

Loaded with roasted black bean patty, onion, tomatoes, spinach, hummus, chilly bean sauce. Yummy. Another big favorite is falafel sandwich with quinoa, paprika etc.

@Donotbelieve Falafel sandwich with baba ganoush is just heavenly. 😉

@Donotbelieve I have become a vegan, so no. But I had fare share of my lambs, so I know what you mean. But I won't recommend lamb anymore, as the life of a lamb is too important for me now than the pleasure in my tastebud. 🙂

@Donotbelieve Never had baba ganoush??? You gotta have it. It's so good. Find the best mediterranean restaurant nearby. Most of them have it. Baba ganous is "a thick sauce or spread made from ground eggplant and sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon, and garlic, typical of eastern Mediterranean cuisine." according to google. LoL.

@Donotbelieve And that's good that you have been a life long veg. I feel bad for the animals I have eaten meat of sometimes.

@Donotbelieve It's my third favorite. Haha. My first is Bengali dish made by my sister, second is Japanese (now a days mostly tenpuras, veg udon, ramen, hotpots), the third is contended by mexican and mediterranean. I love exploring. 🙂 I cook a lot and post on instagram. If you are on insta and interested I can share my insta profile with you in direct message here.

@Donotbelieve I am not sure whether it was important. I would say we did it just because we liked it. And it worked for us. And I am open to the idea of artificial meat. I used to like the taste of meat and sometimes crave for it. I can see the only way this world can turn vegan is with artificial meat. And I think in 100 years, we will look at animal killing for our own pleasure the same way we look at the carriages run by horse and cows these days. The challenge is to make the artificial meat taste like the real ones and only with nutritional benefits. And we have made a lot of progress last few years. If you are interested, check the research by Professor Mark Post from UK. However, I personally may not prefer to consume artificial meat.

@Donotbelieve I love pad thai but I never tried making it at home. Good idea. 🙂

@Donotbelieve Okay. I will give it a shot very soon.

Muffaletta, not from a chain, made with the proper ingredients where the tapenade sits in the top of the sour dough roll overnight. Followed closely my a Chicago style combo with hot peppers and cheese, dipped in the au jus.

Btbd Level 7 Nov 8, 2018
  1. teryaki chicken philly, or a regular cheesesteak. Peppers onions provolone, sometimes banana pepper but never mushrooms.
  2. a good meatball sub or chicken parm
  3. a roast beef, turkey n bacon club from jersey mikes. Lettuce, mayo, spicy mustard, salt n vinegar, herbs n spices
  4. patty melt: double cheeseburger on toast, often featuring crispy onions, pickles and thousand island

Veggie burger on dark pump with Veganaise, tomato slice & lettuce.

Tuna, onion, mayo on wholemeal bread.

Reuben sandwich is my favorite.

Buxx Level 7 Nov 8, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:218506
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.