Agnostic.com

7 3

Something I've noticed in reading posts are incidents when "we" are having interactions with people in public and/or at work and all of a sudden they throw religion into in the conversation.

Several years ago I found someone who did hypnosis and the first session was great! I thought this would be a wonderful thing, but while chatting at the beginning of our second session, I came out to her. At the end of that session, she said that if I couldn't "find willpower, I should put my trust and faith in Jesus." It ruined the session for me and I never went back.

Have you have such an experience? Did you react or just get out?

religion, #Jesus, #public

orange_girl 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

more & more it seems to me that as blatantly as religion is thrown in people's face as in the usa it just doesn't happen anywhere i've ever lived. i'd vomit on her shoes.

This is a little different, but kind of along the same lines. I had an excellent teenage friend; she was strong-willed, with a mentally robust mind. She stood up for herself and others, she understood my struggle and brought out in me a level of self-confidence that I had never known before. We were true friends until one day I never heard from her again. Years later she contacted me on facebook. We talked for hours. I had asked her why she just one-day disappeared, all she said was that she needed time to get her head on straight. She felt the wrong way about love, and her grandmother sent her away to a private camp. Then she cut off any chance for me to learn more by saying, "thats the past and I don't want to talk about that now." I knew that her parents had passed away in a car accident about four months before she disappeared. At the time I figured she was just dealing with that. I was excited to chat with her again, so I didn't press the whole feeling the wrong way about love thing. Just as we were saying our goodbyes, she asked me if I had found Jesus? I thought she was kidding since she was raised as a secular Jew. I said I haven't ever felt the need to look for someone that may never have existed and if he did was certainly dead. I was expecting a LMAO, but she texted, sigh....... and said, "I hate that you will never know the wonders of Heaven'" and then she blocked me. Who had she become and where did the person I once knew go? I've tried to find a way to reconnect with her, but she's just disappeared again.

that sounds horribly creepy to me.

I was molested by christian group of men, women, and others from the age of 8-14. That experience changed me in a whole lot of ways. My sexual desires absolutely drift away from that of a midwest redneck, conservative christian, sexist meathead. So when conversations come up about transgenders and bathrooms, faggots, what god intended sexually with his subservient robots, I kind of want to puke.

The factor that determines a persons belief systems the most worldwide is what---- their address.

That's tough... I had to stand in a group of my peers at work while a prayer was said. Then we said the pledge of allegiance to our flag... tension was high. I stayed focussed on my position and my pledge...

@orange_girl. I suppose its what their thinking... thoughts and prayers or reflection of gratitude.

I have never had any experience like that.

Back in the 80s, I had an extremely unpleasant experience with a gynecologist. Went in for a routine exam and birth control prescription. When the appointment was over, he wanted to "pray" with me. I was so shocked that it was even happening, I was speechless and just sat there stunned until he was done. I never went back to him. There was more that happened with this same doctor, but it's really unpleasant. It should be illegal for any medical professional to bring their religious beliefs into any medical setting or situation. It sickens me that so many get away with that shit.

And now they're getting the aegis from Trumpence! It's only going to get worse!

You must be able to imagine how I feel when they start combining religion, sex, and gender all together.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21938
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.