Agnostic.com

8 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great, we need to combat those who are ignorant.

Books are sacred and I think some religious nuts believe that, too; only in their twisted minds, the books are dangerous because of their insidious sacred nature.

Books are only sacred to the specific person holding them sacred, this is why we have censorship

I hate all censorship. I had a wacko, 11th grade English teacher, daughter of an ahole evangelical minister (He ran an awful retirement home that mistreated and deceived and defrauded the seniors their, and Social Security- I knew this to some extent then, it later came out big time). She blacked out all the "bad" words in One Day in the Life of Ivan Denitsovitch. I got to page 29 and said no more. I refused to read it. (I have since then. Ive even taught it) She agreed I had to read something. As I was constantly reading, I held up a book and said how about this? The book was 3 or 4 times longer, so she agreed and told me to write a report (f'ing book report. Even in 11th grade I knew their worthlessness and wrote about the book's key themes). The book - Catch 22. Try writing about the killing of a prostitute for an evangelical- girlfriend, ha.

I find book burning the most heinous of crimes, to burn a book it to try to burn ideas because you have reasonable answers and so resort to violence.

Seems on this occasion the act backfired on the twat with a vengeance, I hope all the LBGTQ folk wrote him loving thank you letters, I'm sure he would "love " that.

Need to burn a few Xtians...

godef Level 7 Nov 11, 2018

They are to wet and wishy washing, they would just splutter and hiss, so no difference there then

@Gurahl Well, excuuuuuuuuse me

Obviously the first guy never read Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.

I'm glad that stuff was replaced.

I guess they think they can eradicate everything or everyone they don't like.

The sort of man who burns the book is the same sort of man who a few hundred years ago would have burned the people.

@LenHazell53 Exactly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:220805
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.