Agnostic.com

57 4

Did you have trouble accepting your lack of belief in religion when you realized you were atheist/agnostic?

I think I was even more relieved at the most tbh and didn’t care to admit to myself I didn’t believe this anymore.

EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments (51 - 57)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, I accept truth and the ability to think for oneself.

Absolutely not, I accept the truth wherever it may lead.the way I see it if anybody should have trouble accepting anything it's easiest having faith that an imaginary being is lurking in the sky somewhere on faith which by the way is blind by definition and totally dishonest because it asserts what is true which is evidently not true.

Not at all. I was raised Roman Catholic and even had to attend many masses in Latin at my Italian grandmothers old school church when I was a child. I never believed so it was easy for me. I think the hardest part was when I realized in my late teens that some people really, truly, believed in god. I think as a child I thought everyone was all pretending. To me, religion and belief in god is a socially acceptable delusion so I am glad that I see the world with clarity and base my decision on reality and always have felt that way.

I realized religion was all make-believe when I was 8. I know I felt lucky having parents who didn't want to force me to share their beliefs.

Not at all ..having been brought up Roman Catholic.

Well, I think most atheists who were brough up to be religious experience a logn period of doubt before they cross over to being atheist.

For me though, once I crossed teh lien to atheism, I'v ehad no regrets and no desire to go back.

Not really. Deep down I knew I didn't believe so I guess it was just a matter of admitting it to myself. And once I did, I've never thought twice about it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:221386
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.