Agnostic.com

57 4

Did you have trouble accepting your lack of belief in religion when you realized you were atheist/agnostic?

I think I was even more relieved at the most tbh and didn’t care to admit to myself I didn’t believe this anymore.

EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments (51 - 57)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was very young when I came to the conclusion that there was no god, and that religion had no place in my life. I had not yet formed any idea that I had been "religious", so accepting being an atheist was rather easy!

Not really, I had just studied all of the religions/ theories that I could find and the nearest I could come to religion is that it's logical to me that, 'spirit'/ life in some form probably gets recycled and that respecting/ protecting our environment makes sense. But couldn't identify with a theory that cows' souls were acknowledged before women's! I was pretty happy to throw in the towel and say I'll just wait until I die for the greatest adventure: I'm in no big hurry for it either 😉

No trouble. I follow the truth, not to my emotional preferences.

Well, I've been non religious since I was a child and never once had trouble accepting it.

I could see people who grew up religious having that issue though. I've also spoke to many and they in fact did have trouble and trepidation.

Nope I think I have always been non religious as when I was growing up I was never once indoctrinated or forced to go to church on a Sunday. I do feel that I might alienated myself from my grandparents on my dad's side who are Prodestant and attend the church of Scotland. They can't seem to get their head's around the fact that I don't believe in their God or any God for that matter

I think when I joined the dots up it was a cross between a relief and a wow moment. All of it made more sense when I stopped trying to make sense of it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:221386
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.