Agnostic.com

16 3

Are there any good movies coming out this year?

My dad is a movie lover. I rarely see movies, but it's nice to occasionally do something to spend time with my father. Wondering... are you excited about anything coming out this year that you're excited about?

silvereyes 8 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Action plus comedy equals Deadpool 2. The movie I'm most looking forward to is Infinity Wars, the new Avengers effort. That's action plus comedy as well. They do comedy so much better than DC. There's an intriguing murder mystery miniseries coming to HBO, "Sharp Objects". I read the book and it was enthralling but dark and disturbing. [ew.com]

It's difficult to know without having some idea about your taste. There's an excellent podcast about movies, "Filmspotting". They had a movie preview episode. I'd recommend it. Here's a link.[filmspotting.net]

Black Panther, Guy DelTorro’s latest one (its out a romcom, and a spin-off from Hell Boy) and Deadpool. I’m sure there’s others but those are the ones I know about NOW.

I visited the Winchester House many years back . It was interesting . I'm interested in seeing the movie . starring Helen Mirain .

The Florida Project didn't get much press, but I've heard nice things about it and it looks pretty good. Willem Dafoe Eve got an Oscar nomination.

Oops, typo. Meant even, not Eve

I watched this movie. Willem Dafoe was good. Brooklynn Prince played the lead character Moonee. She was very good. Overall I don't think the movie was very good. I wouldn't pay to watch it in a theater. I'm glad I streamed it. It was filmed about 15 miles from my house.

"Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"

Shape of water... was good.
3 billboards Outside Ebbings Missouri... was surprisingly good
Jumanji...was pretty good
The Post...was really good

I want to see Shape of Water, unfortunately it never made it to doo-da. I'll have to watch it on Amazon.

@Fearlessfreep I watched it on my Firestick. I only go to the theater to watch big CG movies like Avatar or The Avengers Infinity War.

Odd question. Seems to me there's a movie for every taste and a taste for every movie. That is, if I happen to enjoy really nasty and gory stuff, I might suggest to you that The Wonderful World of Little Jeffrey Dahmer is absolutely the flik you need to see this year, or perhaps I was into corporate intrigue and suggested you see Manhattan Real Estate Mogul Makes Good. See what I mean?

Now, fitting my tastes, I'd say The Shape of Water, the new Deadpool flik, Black Panther, Early Man, and Peter Rabbit. Yes, I know, I'm ... weird.

@silvereyes -- And I just told you. Deadpool 2 and Peter Rabbit are my two top picks. See, I'm heavy into serious intellectual entertainment.

I'm looking forward to "Deadpool 2" in May. That's literally the only movie I care about seeing this year. 🙂

Oh hell yes.

I don't get excited about movies anymore. Not looking for anything... I will be forced to watch today the one with the heroes in a train in france. Modern history. She is paying for it... But not of my interest... so I expect to go to sleep in the movie. I like history... ancient history... epics with a lot of costume and plenty of lies about it. Just don't let them be biblical... Nah... no fantasy either or comix or superheros in tights. So I am a bad movie date. Miss the great Vampire movies.

Shape of water. Way good and fun to watch

Winchester looks pretty good

Infinity war!

Oh....Yes! Any and all horror films. The black panther movie looks good. The return to the scorch movie looks good. We're all about sci-fi and horror.

After a cursory search, the only thing of interest was The Death of Stalin. Haven't been excited about movies since Dunkirk.

Commuter

Hostiles

Jumanji

It was very entertaining. I took my daughter to it and enjoyed it more than she did. @silvereyes

@silvereyes, I liked Jumanji, funny, action, good fun. Just saw Hostiles with Christian Bale,very violent, but a good story. Commuter was better than I thought but very similar to other recent Liam Neeson movies. I also saw The Post with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep, and that was good also.

And that's the recommendations from BeeHappy! LOL 🙂

@silvereyes Can't go wrong with Kevin Hart and the Rock - goofy, but funny I thought the other movie they did together was good too - Central Intelligence.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22167
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.